Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6

Default Red letter day

river Carron There is a whole heap of silver good news in the North as both rain and fish have arrived in serious numbers. The pics are of Gruinards, part of the Glencalvie Estate, and opposite at Braelangwell. Yesterday, in perfect conditions, Gruinards had 21 fish to 3 rods. A red letter day but the Carron has been on 🔥🔥🔥🔥whenever there has been water and it is wonderful and amazing to see the number of fish in the river. Last year was so tough for lots of reasons but the drought meant that our smaller rivers never had a chance to show what they can do. Well they, not just the Carron, but rivers right across the North and North East are showing it now. Pics are of @campbellsofbeauly getting it done and @braelangwelllodge

In respect of the Carron most bookings on the river are by the week or 3 day period. It fishes whenever there is water from March onwards. Enquiries for Glencalvie and Gruinards, Dounie, Cornhill and Gledfield are to ourselves. For Braelangwell and Amat direct to the estates.

#springfishing #redletter #glencalvie #gruinards #rivercarron #speycasting #fluefiske #flyfishing #scottishsalmonfishing #salmonfishing
    Last edited by David R; 29-05-2019 at 07:29 PM.
    Make fishin’ your mission !

Was it not the River Carron that had the red letter day rather than the Carron beat on the Spey?

My mistake your correct 😔 never read it correctly 😖
    Make fishin’ your mission !

The fishing has been excellent accross the North this week. I've heard of two lucky chaps who have had double figures of springers in a day and even I've managed a day of 5 fish.

I Thought the rivers were all empty of Salar?? Seriously its great to hear snippets like this, it shows red letter days are not just a thing the distant past......
    "If I can shoot rabbits then I can shoot fascists"

MSP 1999- "If you tolerate this then your children will be next"

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Andrews View Post
    I Thought the rivers were all empty of Salar?? Seriously its great to hear snippets like this, it shows red letter days are not just a thing the distant past......
    The main drama is there are few, and getting fewer, rivers which aren't ruined. There does seem to be great spring fishing on those not ruined ones though.