Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  93
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Spey 2019

Cragganmore Stream and Cragganmore for me today and it should be around a foot, as it was 1í3Ē on the D Beat gauge last night, perfect height.

Thatís my 3 days done, no fish. Two of my mates lost a fish each in Lower Wood Pool. Not seen a fish showing in the 3 days.

Meal in Aberlour Hotel tonight then run for home tomorrow.

Seen: partridges, grey wagtails, sandpipers, little gulls, bullfinches and a buzzard on s dead rabbit that tried to fly off the road still clutching the rabbit and almost got splattered by my mateís Jag.

Great 3 days but Iím thoroughly knackered!

Bad luck John after all the anticipation. Better luck next year!

Safe home.

Quote Originally Posted by John Keane View Post
    Thatís my 3 days done, no fish. Two of my mates lost a fish each in Lower Wood Pool. Not seen a fish showing in the 3 days.

Seen: partridges, grey wagtails, sandpipers, little gulls, bullfinches and a buzzard on s dead rabbit that tried to fly off the road still clutching the rabbit and almost got splattered by my mateís Jag.

Never mind mate,
    wonder how many casts you done, keeps you fit this fishing.
    safe drive home.

Quote Originally Posted by John Keane View Post

Well Iíll still give it a good bash tomorrow! Bad luck on the lost fish especially this time of year
    But, you enjoyed it...fair play
    Iíll keep you posted 🐳

Default 3 days Tulchan Beat B

Home from the 3 days on Tulchan Beat B, had a nice 3 days, each day was just waiting for the line to tighten, could have been done without the rise on Monday night as the river is starting to look cracking for the rest of the week, usual story

Monday beat gauge was 2 feet 2, started in Speenoch on left bank, then Rock pool right bank, up to Boat pool in the afternoon fished till about 7, in the afternoon heard a strange ping noise, the Boa wire on the wading boot had snapped, 10 minutes and the newer was on, wouldn't fancy doing it in February with Baltic hands mind you. Level down to about 1 foot 5,

Tuesday, water had came up during the night and was sitting at 1 foot 9, and a bright sunny day, would have been better if not risen but when do you ever get the perfect conditions, started in Boat pool again and no pings from the boots this morning or sightings of any fish, after lunch was up to George and Stoney pools these were also fishing realy well, packed in about 7-30, one the other rods had a good offer and a 10lber which was encouranging to hear, well done

Wednesday water had dropped and was sitting at 1 foot 1, another bright sunny day, back to George and Stoney also got a chuck in Ghillies, after lunch it was across the river to fish Rock Pool from the right bank then down to Speenoch from same bank, started in here and got to the bottom of the stairs railings when got an offer, sat down for a few minutes and backed up a few steps, couple casts and was into a fish, had on for a couple minutes a few runs and holing in the current, then came up shaking its head and rolled on the surface, another ping and a few swears words later my chance was gone, wasn't a big fish about 7/8 lbs but would have been a welcome sight in the net, used a plastic Park Shrimp Tube with medium sink tip , fished down a couple times then ended day in the tail of Rock pool on the left bank n headed about 6ish

Was good 3 days to be out fishing, Roddy is a top ghillie and the other 2 rods were nice guys, hopefully they are catching some more before end of the week
    Last edited by scoops; 11-04-2019 at 04:12 PM.

Nice report Scoops.
    When we fished it on Saturday beat B looked good.
    Speenoch far bank and boat pool were fishing great.
    The quality of the trout rise at the tail of speenoch was superb.
    Usual Story, should have been here a couple of days before.

Cheers

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by mows View Post
    Nice report Scoops.
    When we fished it on Saturday beat B looked good.
    Speenoch far bank and boat pool were fishing great.
    The quality of the trout rise at the tail of speenoch was superb.
    Usual Story, should have been here a couple of days before.

Cheers

Alan
    Thanks Alan, Felt really fishy every day, the only fish I saw was the one I hooked must be keeping heads down, see Aberlour had some yesterday,
    There was few good trout rises only seen small ones plucking the flies off the surface
    Next time maybe
    Cheers
    Steve

Tell you what, fishing Tulchan C for the 1st time last Tuesday, at 1ft 8in, Dunbar and Bog Stream are the 2 best spinning pools I've fished for many a long year. Just perfect for throwing out a devon and holding on.
    It must have been carnage back in the spinning day.
    Respect My Authorita!!

Thought The water colour looked ideal for a black n gold rapala on monday n Tuesday, high with a little tinge to it

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast