Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  82
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Quote Originally Posted by NEbody View Post
    I wonder how many they’d have caught if they were fishing fly in those conditions
    In those conditions nobody fished the fly. It was all spinning. If you got a warm hour or two then you may have put up a fly rod but to be honest almost all of our fish in February were caught on spinning gear. I could count the the fish we took on fly on the fingers of one hand. I started fishing the Dee in the 1960s.

Default What do people think so far of the 2019 season?

Is it too early to say? Will it be average or below the running average of last year? Or will storm Frank not leave a legacy and the fishing improve? It seems the Dee has little unbiased information as to what is happening on the river.

Quote Originally Posted by The Opposition View Post
    Is it too early to say? Will it be average or below the running average of last year? Or will storm Frank not leave a legacy and the fishing improve? It seems the Dee has little unbiased information as to what is happening on the river.
    Well spring has been pretty bloody poor thus far. I suppose a bit to early to comment on the rest of the season being only 2 months in.
    ..........so many flies, so little time!

Quote Originally Posted by The Opposition View Post
    Although I haven't fished the Dee for a good few years now, I fish plenty other rivers and none of them appear to be fishing well. Hopefully we are just at the bottom of a cycle although it would be nice to have a wet season and at least get some summer fishing under the belt this year.
    It was all just too tough enough last summer.
    Respect My Authorita!!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456