Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  12
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's the best

Loop Classic every day of the week.

I never had any problems with the Hardy Cascapedia. I did have a mkIII older model which was nice but sold it. I regretted that so bought the new model when they came out. I have not had any problems although with the fishing as it is I have not really tested it.
    If you get a problem with a Hardy I have found their service for reels to be excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil W View Post
    I have owned and still own Danielsson reels. They are superbly made but I just canít warm to them. I find them a bit dull.
    Ahhh
    The bling's the thing is it??
    Personally I had Angels and Zanes and got rid of them. They looked and sounded the part but unfortunately had a severe allergy to being immersed in water. Everything that could sieze did so regularly. So I took your "dull" option.
    Anyway, the OP question I think has been answered in the paragraph above.
    Respect My Authorita!!

I donít think itís the bling. My favourite reels are in fact a Hardy perfect 4.25Ē and a nautilus nv 10/11 both of which are very plain reels. The loop classic and the Cascapedia have a feel of quality as well as a nice sound. I also have the new Sage Spey reel which I havenít used yet but is also a plain traditional style reel and is very nice. Reels are an enigma to me. Some reels I should like I donít particularly and I have no rationale as to why.
    That said I do have a Danielsson control reel that I like and unlike the others has a good weight to it for double handed rods. Itís a good match on my sage igniter and my LTS explosive.

Quote Originally Posted by keirstream View Post
    Ahhh
    The bling's the thing is it??
    Personally I had Angels and Zanes and got rid of them. They looked and sounded the part but unfortunately had a severe allergy to being immersed in water. Everything that could sieze did so regularly. So I took your "dull" option.
    Anyway, the OP question I think has been answered in the paragraph above.

I have never and a loop, Hardy or danielsson, but can thoroughly recommend Lamson Litespeeds, (loop speed runners look fantastic, but I have never had one). Litespeeds are super light, so go great with light rods, a fantastic drag, a large arbor, consequently a blazing retrieve rate and are not bad looking. I would suggest the 4.0 size for double handed rods. The 3.5 holds 150meters of 30lb backing plus a 8 weight forward tapper that I use for Sewin fishing on a single hander. You can pick them up for about £300. Spare spools are also available, but with the modern fashion for shooting heads, you probably donít need spare spools

I have some Litespeed reels 3.5 for my single hand and light 4wt switch rod. I had the 4 but imho they are just too light for double handed reels. Lamson brought out the ARX which is much better. The ARX 4 is great on my 14ft rods

I need some help, I am looking for a reel and I am struggling... What I am looking for:
    1. Full frame construction like Danielsson H5D or Loop OPTI...
    2. Reel diameter at least 110 millimetre, but 120 would be better.
    3. Total weight between 300 - 350 grams.
    4. Fully sealed drag.
    5. Aluminum cut.

I am willing to spent 350EUR max. At the moment I am considering about Danielsson H5D 11/fourteen, it has everything and I love the design, but it just God damn light... (adding lead or any modifications to increase the weight is not under consideration). I am also consider cheaper options considering aluminum cast technology or not fully sealed drag. What I found is Redington Behemoth, but its not "full frame", and I hate the design... Please help! Maybe there is some hidden gem I don't know anything.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12