Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3

Default hardy reel check springs

Hi All, looking to replace check springs on my hardy 4 1/2" wide spool perfect reel. model HRP 250w 11/12. anyone any ideas where i can buy them.

Ring hardy direct, always helpful

Default hardy check springs

thanks, actually emailed them twice and got no reply

Home Near Wasilla Alaska and at the Cabin In The Bush Near Skwentna Alaska

Here in the US. things became difficult when Pure Fishing became the owners and suppliers for Hardy reels and parts. I'd advise that if you can't get a person on the phone from Hardy then start asking at sporting stores after anyone who has machined them there near home. I actually had a spring on my 4 1/4 perfect break while I was down in Oregon a few years back. As luck would have it the one place I knew of to buy springs other than Hardy is located in Grants Pass Oregon which was just 18 miles from where I was fishing. The shop has a web presence. If you come up dry then Google Archuleta's Reel Works he has an e-mail contact and hopefully he'll mail them. I can say from experience that his springs are more robust than the OEM springs.

Sounds ridiculous I know to order from an old guy in Oregon but I know he makes them.

Default check springs

Hi , many thanks guys. i will try again. i have looked at the archuleta site and i thought it impressive. hopefully i will pick some up . hard to beat the sound of a perfect roaring when he makes that first run across the river. tight lines

Home Near Wasilla Alaska and at the Cabin In The Bush Near Skwentna Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by lemon and grey View Post
    Hi , many thanks guys. i will try again. i have looked at the archuleta site and i thought it impressive. hopefully i will pick some up . hard to beat the sound of a perfect roaring when he makes that first run across the river. tight lines
    Oh Boy! I couldn't agree more with that. I also use a Taupo model on my Hardy 11'6" Swift and can hear it still although it's been nearly six months since it sounded off.

Archuleta is a real artist. I had an old Farlow Perfect with weak springs and he made some new ones for me. Reel is still going strong. And he is a great guy.

I have emailed hardy a few times lately about different things and Iíve yet to get a reply.

Default hardy reel check springs

Quote Originally Posted by Chris-D View Post
    I have emailed hardy a few times lately about different things and Iíve yet to get a reply.
    Had to fit new spring to an Angel Mk1 Reel - phoned them and had immediate response by return mail - they sent several so that I would have spares.
    E mails sometimes slips the net in most companies I'm afraid.
    Good luck

Default Reel Check

Hi , i sent my Zane No 2 down to Hardy at the start of this season as there was no click sound on the way out , anyway i posted it to them and got it back in 10 days Fully overhauled with new clickers , came back like new for £30 .