Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  25
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: vision Tank

Quote Originally Posted by Soundmixer View Post
    . . . so had to get the silver one. . . Very classy!
    Totally agree, the silver is stunning!

Mine arrived today. Very happy. Not too large which I wondered it may be. Good weight and balances my 12'9 well for me.
    If wife wouldn't castrate me I'd definitely buy a second.
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn’t be there, eighty are are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." Heraclitus

My tank 3 arrived today.... what a belter! Goes nicely with the tank 4 & 5 I got from GAC. I quite like the two tone black finish on the reels. I also have a silver tank 5 but much prefer the black. The build quality is excellent and has a good solid feel to the reel and the internal mechanism.

Quote Originally Posted by Piker20 View Post
    Mine arrived today. Very happy. Not too large which I wondered it may be. Good weight and balances my 12'9 well for me.
    If wife wouldn't castrate me I'd definitely buy a second.
    What weight rod are you using it on? I had thought a 4 would be a bit big for my 12"9 7/8 would be interested to hear your thoughts.I only really use it in BC so plenty backing is handy anyway .

Quote Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
    What weight rod are you using it on? I had thought a 4 would be a bit big for my 12"9 7/8 would be interested to hear your thoughts.I only really use it in BC so plenty backing is handy anyway .
    I use a 4 on my switch rod a shakey 7/8 and for 2handed spey casts its well suited making the rod tip nice and light and when swinging the fly the rod tip rests just above parallel with the water where i like it
    Id rather have something I don't need than need something I haven't got!!

I have the 3 on my 12 9 #8/9 Lxi and for me its perfect. The extra width allows for plenty of backing.

My 4 arrived today , not as big as I thought , sits great on my 7/8 wt and holds 200 yrds backing, running line and a 400 grain OPST head perfectly , just need to book next years flight to BC and its happy days.

PS I signed up for emails from angling active and got another fiver off so worth a look if youve not done so.

My 4 arrived today , not as big as I thought , sits great on my 7/8 wt and holds 200 yrds backing, running line and a 400 grain OPST head perfectly , just need to book next years flight to BC and its happy days.

PS I signed up for emails from angling active and got another fiver off so worth a look if youve not done so.
    I got the 4 to use on my 13ft lpxe but it didn't balance it well,i tried it on my switch rod and it balances it very well indeed,ended up getting the 8/9 cascapedia for the 13ft which im happy with,i thought the 4 would have been bigger as the 5 is a monster in comparison!!
    Last edited by dexterbuchanan1; 16-11-2017 at 08:39 PM.
    Id rather have something I don't need than need something I haven't got!!

Vision always overestimate size. Same as their lines rating. Find you need a bigger rated line than other makers for same rod.
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn’t be there, eighty are are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." Heraclitus

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234