Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by MCXFisher View Post
    Alastair,

the drag is great with a wide range of adjustment and held in position with light click-stops. It would stop a train at maximum, but is smooth and progressive throughout the range. It's a beautifully engineered reel, built to last 3 generations, immaculately finished and very nicely designed. Purchase is direct from the factory, which saves you a fair amount of money.

I also have a Lamson Guru 4 that perfectly balances on my Vision MAG 13. This is another piece of beautiful design and engineering.

In my opinion these are two of the best reels in the mid-price range currently available, and so I strongly commend both. Their form and appearance follows function, not any need to differentiate them from the competition: everything is there for a reason. In the final analysis the points that separate them are the Danielsson's slightly better line capacity; drag knob on the Danielsson is easier to adjust with wet cold fingers when you've got a decent fish on the far end; and its handle is nicer to the touch.
    Thanks for all the advice chaps - I've taken Michael's and gone for the Danielsson! Seems like good value for money as it's on special offer!

Quote Originally Posted by MCXFisher View Post
    Alastair,

the drag is great with a wide range of adjustment and held in position with light click-stops. It would stop a train at maximum, but is smooth and progressive throughout the range. It's a beautifully engineered reel, built to last 3 generations, immaculately finished and very nicely designed. Purchase is direct from the factory, which saves you a fair amount of money.

I also have a Lamson Guru 4 that perfectly balances on my Vision MAG 13. This is another piece of beautiful design and engineering.

In my opinion these are two of the best reels in the mid-price range currently available, and so I strongly commend both. Their form and appearance follows function, not any need to differentiate them from the competition: everything is there for a reason. In the final analysis the points that separate them are the Danielsson's slightly better line capacity; drag knob on the Danielsson is easier to adjust with wet cold fingers when you've got a decent fish on the far end; and its handle is nicer to the touch.
    Hi Michael,

Took your advice and bough the Daniellson. Tried it on my switch rod for my last day on the Usk today and very pleased with the result! Balances the rod perfectly and looks fantastic. Drag setting remains where you set it!! The only thing I didn't get to test it on was a fish! Oh well - there's always next season!!

I'm delighted that you're pleased. It's a lovely reel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12