Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: floats

Default floats

just after a bit of info about shrimping floats not sure what to use would a large chubber float be ok to use ?.

Small Drennan pike floats are used a lot for shrimping. I am no expert on bait fishing (far from it) but some of the other lads will give you more accurate info.

drennan piker floats depending on river what weight i use 40 gram for long distance

I like to use the Chubber type floats as I prefer to fish light. I believe that this gives me a better indication of a bite.
    However I do use the Drennan types if I need either distance or depth. Float size is always dictated by the conditions and requirements at the time.

Basically any sliding float will do the job, but people do have their preferences.
    Mine fave floats are the Drennan Zepplers - fatter & shorter in the body than the Drennan Pikers. Come in a range of sizes from 11g upwards.
    NIPPON

Thanks for the help guys, just looking for anther bit of info should the shrimp be trundeling along the bottom with the float or just above ?

Above....
    NIPPON

try and find bottom then i slide the float knot up about six inches

Agreed, any Pike type slider will do, drenned zepplier etc but in my opinion the slimmer the better so there is less resistance. Always fix the float as a slider rig so when you hold back the bait flutters towards the surface. Don't fix the float at the bottom because any tight line or touch of the bottom pulls the float immediatly under registering a false take. Plus it enables you to change depth at the push of a knot.

Sliding shepard floats are good or the drennan pikers are good too
    fish?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast