Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  5

Default Best line/Braid for Prawning

Just wondering i am in need of new braid for my prawn set up. I was using Gliss WFT and found it a lovely line to control however the problem with the braid, I found that it got very frail after a few weeks (5 days) fishing.Not good enough for a line.
    I am thinking on Power Pro Braid any suggestions for new braid.

Can't go wrong with power Pro. I use 50lb. The heavier line controls the float better.

Cliff Harvey has half price braid in closing sale. I've bought some Rovex Viros in a couple of diameters to try out.

Braided line for Sea or Fresh water fishing low diameter long casting

I gave up on braid , lost to many fish especially when they jump , no stretch, even with a 4ft mono trace.I use 12lb maxima.
    Fishing Almost Everyday

With no stretch in braid does cost a few fish ok, I use power gum which gives a nice stretch and great for striking into a fish. The thing I hate with mono is having to coat the line with Vaseline.I have bought power pro so give that a throw and if that don't work back to mono

Quote Originally Posted by the ditch View Post
    Just wondering i am in need of new braid for my prawn set up. I was using Gliss WFT and found it a lovely line to control however the problem with the braid, I found that it got very frail after a few weeks (5 days) fishing.Not good enough for a line.
    I am thinking on Power Pro Braid any suggestions for new braid.
    hi pal, i use berkley whiplash pro, excellent for float fishing. 2ft leader 15lb maxima bobs yer uncle.
    Am awaw fishinHidden Content

I prefer Suffix as a little softer than PowerPro but not so easily obtained in the UK, however you wont go wrong with Powerpro, and I am sure you will find it a lot easier to handle than Mono.

Quote Originally Posted by Nore Angler View Post
    Can't go wrong with power Pro. I use 50lb. The heavier line controls the float better.
    Could you please explain how 50lb bs braid allows for control of the float better than say 20lb

Quote Originally Posted by Genty View Post
    I prefer Suffix as a little softer than PowerPro but not so easily obtained in the UK, however you wont go wrong with Powerpro, and I am sure you will find it a lot easier to handle than Mono.

Could you please explain how 50lb bs braid allows for control of the float better than say 20lb
    It's easier mend the line with heavier line. I find it makes a big difference. Braid is quite thin anyway. Tried 20lb before. Find the heavier line works better.