Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: the shrimp

Question the shrimp

hi all im new to the whole shrimp fishing .is there any colour that works best or is there different times of year or conditions for pickin a colour to dye the shrimp .i normally fish the rivers on the north west of ireland

Quote Originally Posted by lochswellan View Post
    hi all im new to the whole shrimp fishing .is there any colour that works best or is there different times of year or conditions for pickin a colour to dye the shrimp .i normally fish the rivers on the north west of ireland
    purple all year round but towards the end of the season i used reds,

Wink

cheers for that

Quote Originally Posted by lochswellan View Post
    When I last fished in Ireland the local,s fished with two back together on a pike float but don,t know if this method is allowed now,a long shanked worm hook ie,red,natural,purple,natural,red,purple it was deadly for them not for me though, but bear in mind the local,s all used shrimp,s between 1"1" long. hope this help,s.