Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Seasons past

Default Seasons past

Folks,
    The new season seems a long way off... heres a selection of pics from the last couple of years fishing

The big fish and copter pic were from a trip to Kharlovka/Eastern Litza.

The deformed fish was amazingly caught on rod and line! Anyone else ever seen anything like this?

The other fish were all caught on Linloskin beat of river Cree..... including my wee boys first salmon... nearly pulled him out of his baby-walker!

tight lines

L
    Attached Images Attached Images broodstock1-jpg copter1-jpg cree-jpg fish1-jpg fish2-jpg kharlovka2-jpg picture016-jpg picture025-jpg rainbow1-jpg struan1-jpg 

Nice pics and some nice fish Linloskin. What's the Cree like? I don't think we have had too many reports on the river but it looks a nice wee river which I presume needs a bit of water to fish well?

I have seen quite a few rainbow trout with deformed pectoral fins but nothing like the fish in your picture - amazing, looks like a big pike or seal has had a go at one time?

Splash,
    The deformed fish actually had the top jaw 'folded' back into the mouth. It had not been munched on by a predator! My best guess is a genetic disorder, or injury as a very young fish.

The Cree is a pretty good medium-sized spate river. Ideally it fishes best with water, and requires a regular top-up due to the quick run-off from the afforested headwaters... not usually a problem in these parts!... and certainly not this year, with freshets most weeks. You can expect to get fish from mid march, June is quiet and then grilse July onwards (although the grilse are getting later as elsewhere) The fishing i have includes Linloskin Pool, probably one of the best holding, and fishing, pools on the river... always a fish in it

Tight lines

L

ive seen pike with a pug nose like that before but not a severe a deformity at the salmon has.

It aboviously didnt affect its feeding anyway he made it back to the river in good physical nick. Deformity considered of course.

Default deformed salmon.

Kinda looks like something out of a Frankenstein movie?
    Although there has been fish like this ejected out of fish farms also, i suppose thats what happens with Man's interference with nature and the introduction of certain chemicals