Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some Pics

Default Some Pics

Put these on various other threads so i thought i might just create a type of album in the picture board. Hope no one minds lol

Which river is it in those three pictures? Some nice fish there.

The River Faughan

now i hear you ask where is that!!!! lol lol

check the Irish river threads

Nice pictures there fuaghanpurple, Thats a cracker of a fish in the 2nd pic very nice,

Ryan
    Quarry boy Hidden Content

Thanks for sharing!

Question Small hand in the air question.

Note that (at least on a couple) there's a coloured clip in the fishes jaw. What's that indicate?

Fred

Faughan i see you are like me and dont like catch and release

Quote Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
    Note that (at least on a couple) there's a coloured clip in the fishes jaw. What's that indicate?

Fred
    Here in Ireland there is a tagging system for all retained Salmon. Gill tags must be inserted into wild fish if you intend to take them home

It is a way for the fisheries to regulate stocks and stop the sale of illegal wild fish from poachers amoung other things.

Some fisheries have a seasonal bag limit for both spring and summer fish and the limit of tags are issued along with your permit. A catch return for release and retained fish must be done at the end of each season.

Catch and release is practised but we aren't as strict on it as say Scotland. The irish salmon although it has suffered the same as others did not quite reach the low numbers that other countries did and we are now in a bit of a resurgance and wild stocks are getting stronger and stronger on some systems regrettable not all.

Although we do have a long way to go in catching up with the conservation of Scotland England and Wales and even our cousins on the other side of the pond.

I hope this helps explain. if not im sure if you post a thread then someone might be able to explain it a bit better than myself

FP
    Last edited by FaughanPurple; 19-12-2007 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by norrie004 View Post
    Faughan i see you are like me and dont like catch and release
    Its not that i dont like C&R i do and i released over half my catch this year its just i like to eat salmon its really nice you know!!!!

I dont sell my catch and its never wasted.

I fish mostly alone so its difficult to get a pic of a live fish with one hand lol lol

Quote Originally Posted by trucha View Post
    nice photos ,the blue fly is very similar to a fly i use only differance is mine has peacock herl for top half of body ,great grilse and white trout fly,whats the dressing of yours fp ?
    I havent used this fly yet.

It came of the vice during the close season and is as yet unnamed and unused.

Although it is winging its way to a few members on here for the new season in time for the grilse!!!!

After a few fish it should be named lol lol

The wing is natural squirrel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast