Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Help

Default Help

Okay, I'm not the world's best with a computer, but I cannot figure out how to attach or embed a digital photo from my computer to a post. Iíve gotten as far as browsing, selecting a file from my computer, but when I hit download nothing appears to happen. It is the process of getting a file from my computer into the post that loses me.

Do you have some simple instructions on this? Miramichi

Default Some Help

Hi
    You will have to upload your photo's first to someplace like http://photobucket.com/?link=topmenu
    Then when you go to post on the forum you will have to have 2 internet pages open, when the prompt appears on this page go over to your picture on the other internet page copy the URL and paste it in the prompt.

If you do use photobucket copy the .img code at the bottom of the list.
    You cannot put a picture straight from your PC onto the forum(It has to be via the WWW.)
    Hope this helps.(It was a few try's before I sussed it out).
    Regards
    Jake.
    Last edited by Doublehooked; 04-12-2007 at 02:29 AM.

Default Thanks

Doublehook - thanks. I will look at posting to a website like you suggested first. It does appear below under Attach Files and Manage Attachments that you can simply download from your computer. There is a button for you to do just that. When I browse through and find my files, though, nothing happens when I double click them.
    Miramichi

You will need a host website to upload your pictures. So your pictures are always available for viewing on the forum.
    If pictures are on your PC and you shut down, end of link.

Regards
    Jake.