Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Ignorance or greed

Whilst fishing for salmon on the tweed i came across an excited angler smiling from ear 2 ear at his magnificent catch ! it was his biggest SEATROUT and was rather perturbed when i had a mini rant about him killing this magnificent brownie which weighed 8 lb 2 oz, i took the picture of the beast next to my double handed salmon rod as to offer some comparison of size . It was one of the best marked brownies i have seen and proportionally almost perfect,what made it worse was that after pointing out the differences between the two species the angler then said they all taste the same anyway and trudged away to continue fishing bathed in his own glory !
    Last edited by legend; 19-12-2008 at 02:46 PM.

Legend - your link doesn't seem to be working.

Default Pictures!!!!

cannae get picture on post drivin me crazy

Go to the picture gallery and check out the thread on how to post pics. You must be nearly there....

Quote Originally Posted by legend View Post
    bucket.com/albums/qq166/thelegend_01/dcoo470028.jpg/IMG] Whilst fishing for salmon on the tweed i came across an excited angler smiling from ear 2 ear at his magnificent catch ! it was his biggest SEATROUT and was rather perturbed when i had a mini rant about him killing this magnificent brownie which weighed 8 lb 2 oz, i took the picture of the beast next to my double handed salmon rod as to offer some comparison of size . It was one of the best marked brownies i have seen and proportionally almost perfect,what made it worse was that after pointing out the differences between the two species the angler then said they all taste the same anyway and trudged away to continue fishing bathed in his own glory !
    Thats a cracking brownie ,shame its deed......
    Throw the rod in after it.Hidden Content

i saw one killed a few years back on middle tweed, 9 and a half pounds, the trout took a flying c, and there was 3 live smolts still in its mouth. it was caught below a cauld and imho it was just lying there hammering the smolts on there way downstream. there was a bit of a arguement between angler (whom i wont name) and club secretary who saw the fish. to be honest it was better of out the water imho it was a big ugly cannibalistic brute. p.s. dont tell the trout brigade

Any brownie over about two lbs. will take smolts/parr and any thing else it can get. Fishing with the natural minnin i have had eight inch trout on the largest minnow i had with another minnow down its throat, the head disolvied and the tail sticking out its mouth. Certain pools on our beat you can not fish with the muddler because of the number of salmon parr you catch in them.
    If ever there was a case for stocking a salmon river with anything other than large parr???
    Reading about placeing eyed ova,fingerlings etc into the river seems pointless when you consider everything from sticklebacks upwards looks on them as dinner.
    If we are going to try and improve our rivers to give us a better crop of fish then lets look at it in a proper way and not just give one a pat on the back for returning a few fish which in the scheme of things will possibly make little if any diffrence to the number of fish in the water.
    The first thing we should be asking is why there are fewer fish in the river system than before.Why? Why?
    And yes from a salmons future the angler was right to kill that brownie.

Look at the size of that thing

Brown trout don't get that big by eating black gnats!!!!

Ignorance or Greed ?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm ! Not sure either apply.

When was the fish caught ?

even i know that's a brownie don't tell yorki
    Let It Run !

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast