Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Last dayof the season at Bemersyde

There I was planning a day’s grayling fishing on Saturday, when Splash calls me on Friday evening. “Your brother-in-law (Dr Philgood) and I are having a last day of the season bash on the Tweed on Bemersyde tomorrow. Fancy coming down and taking a few photos? It’s a really picturesque beat,” he says. OK, says I, and I get myself round to Splash’s house for 7.15 a.m. as agreed. It was a nice clear morning in Edinburgh. Huh – to think the forecast was for fog tae? Cannae forecast ****-all!

Still nice and clear going over Soutra, and through Lauderdale, and to the pie-stop in Earlston. Clear, in fact, until we got a few miles from the river, whereupon it closed in on us. Right in on us. Pea-soup! Er, well, hopefully it will lift, we say. Well, it kind of started at one stage, but then it just got worse…. and worse.

Well, it was a challenge to get some shots. High-key was a good option! No problem to isolate your subject from the background – there was no background! There was no contrast, or colour either for that matter, and I make no apologies for calling in the troops in the form of Adobe RAW 4.3.1 to rescue the day for me.

Here's the link...

Photos from Bemersyde

Splash's account of the day's fishing is in the Tweed posts.

Cheers, Colin

Amazing pictures Colin regardless of the conditions, you have a real talent

Fantastic photos; thanks for sharing them with us.

superb pixs, let me know if you ever want to take a few shots of some Irish salmon flies
    so much fishing, so little time

<a href="Hidden Content style="text-decoration:underline;">Andrew - Loop Akademi Fly Dresser</a>

Brilliant set of pictures considering the conditions and thanks for sharing them with us - well done.

kf

very good EOS. you have a talent their, i think photoghraphy and fishing go hand in hand but lugging a digi SLR around with all my fishing kit and wading is just to much , hence i never get around to doing it, time and time again ive said , i wish i had my camera
    BR speers.

rimender to myself:: must get a mate to come and photo my fishing outings more often

Yorkshire (were there a god it'd be god's own country) & Afrique

Really nice, very atmospheric photos, a few POTM winners there.

Incidentally is that ice on the rod rings in 2156.jpg?

Quote Originally Posted by seeking View Post
    Really nice, very atmospheric photos, a few POTM winners there.

Incidentally is that ice on the rod rings in 2156.jpg?
    Sure was at -6deg it was a constant problem all day particularly with the shotting head. I think I should be on the cover of T&S with those shots Col
    salmonfishing forum.com

Quote Originally Posted by speers View Post
    very good EOS. you have a talent their, i think photoghraphy and fishing go hand in hand but lugging a digi SLR around with all my fishing kit and wading is just to much , hence i never get around to doing it, time and time again ive said , i wish i had my camera
    BR speers.

rimender to myself:: must get a mate to come and photo my fishing outings more often
    Aye, you said it! It's no problem doing boat fishing - you can stick the SLR in the tackle box, and it is easy enough to put the rod down and pick up the camera. However, river fishing and photography is really a two-man job, whether you are on a muckle SLR or a wee compact - hence the reason we've been working at it as a team. Maybe I'll get a shot at the fishing next time...

Cheers,

Colin

Really good pictures, fantastic light, the sort of pics that makes the athmosphere creep through the monitor and into the viewer. ;-)

Ursus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast