Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Photoshop

Default Photoshop

Here is a pic that I have had a play with on photoshop, its quite a commonly used trick as its easy to do and gives a good effect to the pic. Who elese out there has changed some of their pics with photoshop and if they have how have they done it?

That seems a really effective tecnique Wilbert.
    I came across a simple little Photoshop dodge in an attempt to solve a problem that has become something of a standing joke on Hoppy's Sea Trout Forum. Namely this is anglers size 12 boots getting into the frame of a picture of a fish that is posted. For the benefit of those who might be interested I thought I might pass it on. Apologies to those whose knowledge of these things is more advanced and probably know a better way!
    Here is the problem with my none too pretty size 12 in the bottom of the picture. The fish is a 5lb Sea Trout from the Tywi last May.

Call me shy, but I was not willing to share my size 12's. I came across a technique in a 'photoshop' book that allows you to 'clone out' unwanted objects in your pictures. I have to say that I have no knowledge of photography but nevertheless I was quite impressed with how this little trick works.

To get rid of the offending boot do the following:
    1. Open image in photoshop
    2. Press 'S' to get the Clone Stamp Tool
    3 On the Options Bar click on the thumbnail (down arrow) next to the word Brush.
    4. Select a Medium Sized Brush (don't worry which one for now, experiment later)
    5. You now need to sample an area which you would like to replace the offending object. In my example I would like to replace the boot with grass. To do this position the cursor close to the side of the offending object and while holding the Alt key click the mouse. It is important if this technique is to appear realistic to sample close to the image you wish too remove.
    6.You have now sampled an area and are ready to clone out the undesirable object. To do this move the cursor over the area and begin painting by holding down the left button of your mouse and simply drag the cursor around the area.
    You should end up with something like this after you have applied this technique. The boot has been cloned out!

I hope you can follow my instructions and that this might be of some interest.
    Phil

Now thats clever Wilbert. I see what you've done. You've turned a smolt into a big salmon using photoshop. Were you feeling okay in that picture? You are looking a bit off colour.

Nice fish by the way

Talking

Kind of wondering about that too JR. Rod might be one of those 4 foot long Wal-Mart kid specials.

Were you feeling okay in that picture? You are looking a bit off colour.
    Probably not as we got hammered every night on a mix of vodka, beer and wine.