Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Default Aberdeenshire Dee - Craidendinnie; Waterside &Ferrar and Little Blackhall & Inchmarlo

On request, some more photos from various beats on the Dee. First Craigendinnie in late sept 2007. Got 3 fish (1 grilse, 1 ST, one salmon) in 2 days) Easy to medium fishing and wading:

Morning mist over the Dee valley, Headinch beat

Upper part, just below

A bit further down on Craigendinnie, looking
    Same spot, looking downwards. Not too easy to wade the outer turn, but many fish present :

Lorne Pool, getting late, looking upwards to Tanar Mouth. Aboyne Castle on the other side. This pool was literally stuffed

Lorne pool, fish on for my wife

Myself with a grilse from Lorne Pool the same evening. The ghillie had gone home, and as norwgians we prefer dusk or dawn for fishing. 2 fish within

My wife with her first salmon ever, from Lorne Pool. Heavily coloured, went back in

Day 2 at Craigendinnie, started at the bottom of the beat. Here's a seatrout in the hands of the ghillie - taken just above Tanar Mouth. Also lost a bigger seatrout from the same spot :

[

Next day at Waterside and Ferrar, a pleasant surprise. Lots of fish showing in many pools, and many good stretches for flyfishing. Got 1 fish from Barrons pool, many fish showing. Easy fishing and wading in many parts:

Upper

Barrons pool, got a nice, coloured hen here. Appr 8 lbs I guess, have to find photo of the fish later ;-)

And here the fish is, nice coloured hen in good condition. Put up a good fight (and yes, it's a GuideLine Le Cie rod, Hardy Mach 2

Little Blackhall and Inchmarlo, late May 2008. Just one day, to get the worst rust off the casting before the Norwegian season in 2008. No fish for me, but good sport anyway. Tough wading at places from this side, not for beginners. But another great beat.

Very upper part, Mills pool

Middle part. Don't remember the name. No fish here, and a bit

The famous Roe Pot. It's said to hold fish always, I believe that. Nearly impossible to wade, use the croys. Lovely surroundings. One of 2 scots I met

The nice fishing hut, just above Roe Pot

Details from the roof in the fishing hut. Symbols from a fisherman and a hunters wet dreams ;-)

Well, not too god quality pics. It's obvious that the focus has been on fishing. Nevertheless somthing to drool over in the cold winter months ;-)

Ursus
    Last edited by Ursus Nautilus; 27-04-2013 at 07:16 AM. Reason: Adding 2 fishpics 8th of dec

excellent photos

some lovely pixs from the Dee, nice to see the contrast in pools and beats
    so much fishing, so little time

<a href="Hidden Content style="text-decoration:underline;">Andrew - Loop Akademi Fly Dresser</a>

Please resize 800x600

Default Resizing ...

done !

Great photos, keep them coming.
    Tight lines,
    25lbs

Hidden Content

Hi Ken,

Will the management plan be available on your website in due course?

VC

Real nice pictures, Ursus, and great inspiration for us "new commers" to Dee.

Thanks!

Default More pics ?

Well, finally found som fishpix. "Emergency photos" taken with the mobile, but I'll post them soon anyway.

What one really should have on the riverbank, is a combined photo- and videocamera, waterproof and decent optics. Some OK combos seen this year, but a good one next year maybe?

I'll also post a thread with pics for "what to see and do - apart from fishing - while on Deeside".

Ursus

P.S: The pics are now (06.nov.08) added in the thread "Deeside"
    Last edited by Ursus Nautilus; 07-11-2008 at 06:22 AM. Reason: adding text

Default Adding some pics

I've added 2 pictures of fish today, within the original presentation. One showing a seatrout (from Craigendinnie) and one a 2 sw , coloured salmon hen (From Waterside & Ferrar) .

Ursus
    Last edited by Ursus Nautilus; 08-12-2008 at 02:18 PM.