Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Enjoy River Mörrum in autumn colours

I spent a few days at the beautiful River Mörrum two weeks ago. This time of year you mainly go for the huge sea trout but large salmon are caught as well. During my four days there several sea trout between 12 - 16 lbs were caught and salmon of 20 lbs +
    Have a look at www.morrum.com)

Mörrum in full autumn colurs

My friend heading for a good spot

Calm "neck"

Great spot for sea trout under the trees

Great spot to practice casting with your two-hand rod

I watched the last 10 minutes of this fight with a approx 20 lbs salmon which was quickly released. Met the guys two days later and asked why it was not recorded? "Because it was hooked in the tail"!

Early morning. We had three days of great weather which was "killing" for sea trout fishing

Like all rivers Mörrum has a "Bridge Pool" which of course is one of the best!

Having a quick lunch outside our "cabin" at the Kungsfoss (King's Fall) where you can see salmon and sea trout negotiate the fall

Wading the river at night makes you appreciate your sense to hear and feel (and you also appreciate your wading stick)!

Me casting "in the woods"

One of the upper beats which we fished one afternoon/evening for the first time

In between a rock and a hard place

That looks like fantastic water. As "Martin" says on his foot-note "There's so much to see and so little time to see it all".

I'll be posting from NZ next year, all being well, and will have a chance to make you a bit envious I think!

AP
    Alex: "Colin! Colin! There's seals in the loch!"
    Colin: "Alec! Get the tripple two!"
    (somewhere in the west - 1980's)

Great pictures!

Is there easy access to the Morrum, are you on private fishing or ticket water?

Some excellent pics of what looks like a great river.

i'd say , looks pritty mouth watering to me. big seatrout and salmon. thats got to be good.

as springer says is there access to fish it and does it cost the earth.

some great pictures and obviously some big fish about as well
    so much fishing, so little time

<a href="Hidden Content style="text-decoration:underline;">Andrew - Loop Akademi Fly Dresser</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Springer View Post
    Great pictures!

Is there easy access to the Morrum, are you on private fishing or ticket water?
    In answer to your first bit Yes! - Second bit.It's ticket water 40-50 pound a day.

I may be going next year ?.Another forum member as been looking in to this and has alot of info.I'm sure he'll fill in the caps in more detail when he see's this.

DAZ.

Default morrum at morrum

i have fished the public water several times. it was great when ruinair flew into malmo for about 20 quid, but that stopped so did i.

fishing is very popular. you will queue to fish the 32 beats of the lower river. i have not fished the upper river around svanska(sp?).

each time that i fished i saw a catch of about 20lbs. i was not good enough.

my three days are now spent on the gaula for about the same price.

dff, fantastic pics and report, i know the river is very good for BIG sea trout. country and river look lovely. here is a photo of a friend Rafal with sea trout which i am sure came off there. Dai
    Attached Images Attached Images rafal_big_sea_trout-jpg 

Correct that the river can be very crowded which is basically the only draw back. In some of the best pools you might easily have to wait for your turn and it can be quite difficult to find a quiet spot. The majority of my fishing will for that reason be in Scotland, Norway or other places where you can get private water and avoid having to wait in line. Anyway, I still like to have a couple of days at the end of season in Mörrum to give the trout a go.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast