Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default 3 grilse from river Glen Donegal

Picture Taken Off Because People Upset!
    Last edited by flying c; 17-09-2008 at 10:45 PM.

Seems you did well on the glen. I kill the very od fish myself for the table, but i think the days of taking 3 a day are over, that picture is a sad sight imo

Quote Originally Posted by hurricane View Post
    Seems you did well on the glen. I kill the very od fish myself for the table, but i think the days of taking 3 a day are over, that picture is a sad sight imo
    Thats only 4 fish i have killed all year i have caught about 15 to 20 work it out for yourself how many i have returned i could kill alot more if i wanted too but i return nearly all my fish now do you think it is a sad picture ? dont ever try to make me feel bad about killing fish i am only alloud to kill 10 a season and i wouldnt even kill that amount WHERE DOES IT SAY I CAUGHT 3 IN A DAY GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT BEFORE YOU COMMENT IT WAS OVER TWO DAYS !
    Last edited by flying c; 17-09-2008 at 09:59 PM.

Thumbs down No tags!

I have to say I fully agree with previous post. Also, where are the tags on those fish or the one being held? 3 fish bag limit, where is this permissible?

It is fishmongering such as this that has brought the salmon to the brink. Don't be surprised if they are not there to be caught in a few years time!

Quote Originally Posted by SalmonRover View Post
    I have to say I fully agree with previous post. Also, where are the tags on those fish or the one being held? 3 fish bag limit, where is this permissible?

It is fishmongering such as this that has brought the salmon to the brink. Don't be surprised if they are not there to be caught in a few years time!
    they were tagged i am about to fillet them read the post RIVER GLEN DONEGAL !
    I AM NO FISH MONGER YOU DONT EVEN KNOW ME TO MAKE A COMMENT LIKE THAT!
    WHERE DOES IT SAY I CAUGHT 3 IN A DAY GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT!
    Last edited by flying c; 17-09-2008 at 10:01 PM.

Looks like you had a good days fishing flying c ,can't understand why other 2 posts are that way out, your in your own right to keep the fish as a license payer and its not the angler who damages fish stocks,were maintaining the stocks for the sport through paying clubs and licenses and its there responsibility to conserve stocks which is what there doing ,A heron fishing in the spring will cause more damage to stocks than 10 anglers they eat 10+ fish a day think what damage they cause to salmon stocksits up to you mate if you want to keep a few fish for the pot and nobody else should judge you for doing so

Default You can't defend the indefensible!

Do 'license payers' not have to attach tags and abide by daily bag limits? It is my belief that they do!

Soon enough there won't be "a few fish to take"

Quote Originally Posted by fishless26 View Post
    Looks like you had a good days fishing flying c ,can't understand why other 2 posts are that way out, your in your own right to keep the fish as a license payer and its not the angler who damages fish stocks,were maintaining the stocks for the sport through paying clubs and licenses and its there responsibility to conserve stocks which is what there doing ,A heron fishing in the spring will cause more damage to stocks than 10 anglers they eat 10+ fish a day think what damage they cause to salmon stocksits up to you mate if you want to keep a few fish for the pot and nobody else should judge you for doing so
    Thanks for that these people dont even know me i have nothing to feel guilty about as most of my fish are returned i have had days were i have caught 5 salmon and i have returned them all the best dsy i had was 9 returned ever single one of them i fully understand salmon are getting less and less i have been fishing the same river for 10 years and have seen a big decline
    Richard

Dont remove the picture just because of our comments.

Your title is "3 grisle from the glen" and the picture is 3 grisle on a chopping board, it just suggests the fish were caught in the one day. Dont ask me why, but thats how i percieved it.

If the fish were lying on the bank beside your rod, it would be a nice picture but on a chopping board, im not so sure.

Quote Originally Posted by SalmonRover View Post
    Do 'license payers' not have to attach tags and abide by daily bag limits? It is my belief that they do!

Soon enough there won't be "a few fish to take"
    why dont you go back to foylefishing forum if you want an argument!
    Last edited by flying c; 17-09-2008 at 10:11 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast