Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gweebara

Default Gweebara

The rain came too late for me but I fished for a couple of hours just on the off-chance.......... it wasn't to be! A stunning little river and I wish I'd had the time to do it justice.

Stunning

Ive never had the pleasure of fishing this river but heard on its day its up there with the best of them

then again isnt any river in the North West
    Ye Cannae help bein' a wee bit grumpy, No if ye was jist born crabbit

nice pictures donnie! how did your trip go?

A grand total of one grilse landed for a hard weeks' fishing. Rose 5 on the first day but didn't connect with any. Had a mad lunge at a monkey on the Friday and that was about it............ Very hot,bright and humid weather for the first few days, then dull and humid, then flooded off the Mourne, followed by humid with severe midges and, finally, perfect conditions on the Gweebara but a ferry to catch.
    Maybe next time?

Looks lovely there, Donnie. Good water for a hitch tube?

Hi Donnie, excuse my ignorance, but where is this river. Looks nice.

County Donegal. I had read about it and waited all week for rain but, as I said, it came too late. Tried the hitch tube as well but didn't see a fish in the few hours I was there. Someone had taken one recently though - pile of scales on the bank below the falls. The nets (both legal and otherwise) were doing well earlier in the week at the estuary and I had seen quite a few good sized fish showing below the bridge at Doochary. The upper river looked well worth a shot with water in it.

Reminds me of a little river just above Ullapool called Kinnaird. Any body fished it?. It was stuffed with Salmon when I was last there, just below the falls. What a sight, and it looked not to dissimilar to the pittures you showed us Donnie.

some great photos Donnie, just a pity the water came too late - but then again there is always next year
    so much fishing, so little time

<a href="Hidden Content style="text-decoration:underline;">Andrew - Loop Akademi Fly Dresser</a>

Default gweebarra

http://www.donegalanglingholidays.co...o+30+September

is the link how dya get on on friday easky?
    Last edited by ryanol; 04-08-2008 at 10:28 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast