Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Nith In Spate Today

Nipped down to the Nith for a looky and perhaps a spin if the river was high enough, whilst the boss women took the grandchildren for more swimming lessons. nothing to beat swimming against a current eh

Any how gets there looks at the river and nearly swore in front of the g/kids. Its was in full flood, brown with all sorts of debris coming down. Just could not be bothered to fish when its as big as that. We had our little picnic and for the next 1/2 hour or so never saw a thing. Oh well there always the next time.
    I either get it too low, too high or the locals would say - you should have been down last week or yesterday.

Can't seem to get it right at all nowadays

Here is a couple piccies.

This is the neck just above the Braids.

Looking down the pool. This is a good pool when its a bit lower.

Last edited by kingfisher; 06-08-2008 at 12:42 PM.

Unhappy Nith in Spate Today

Hi Kingfisher,

Good photos, cannot recall seeing it as high. Looks like it could be perfect for spinning this coming Monday/Tuesday.

Pity we have got to work!!

Broken Rod

nice pics kenny!

Hopefully I will be down Dunfries way on Monday or Tuesday for a few days nd will manage to get a day's fishing on the Nith. Hope the water will will be at a nice level by then and some fish are in the river.

Stuart
    Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him to fish, and he will sit and drink beer all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
    Hopefully I will be down Dunfries way on Monday or Tuesday for a few days nd will manage to get a day's fishing on the Nith. Hope the water will will be at a nice level by then and some fish are in the river.

Stuart
    Hi Stuart. Lucky man, as the river should be in fine order by then. I saw two guys fishing for Salmon just down from the Cauld yesterday. Never seen them catch anything tho.

Where are you actually fishing Monday/Tuesday? at the town water or up river a bit.
    Last edited by kingfisher; 03-08-2008 at 08:58 AM.

I'll probably fish the town water, hopefully Tuesday or Wednesday. Just got to figure out which pools are best to fish as I've never fished the nith before.

Stuart
    Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him to fish, and he will sit and drink beer all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
    I'll probably fish the town water, hopefully Tuesday or Wednesday. Just got to figure out which pools are best to fish as I've never fished the nith before.

Stuart
    Cool Stuart. Theres a cracking tackle shop up the Vennel, and might be best to speak to the guy for best bits etc.
    Last edited by kingfisher; 03-08-2008 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kingfisher View Post
    Cool Stuart. Theres a cracking tackle shop up the Vennel, and might be best to speak to the guy for best bits etc.

Which tackle shop are you talking about Kenny?

Quote Originally Posted by colin View Post
    Which tackle shop are you talking about Kenny?
    Hi Colin. Its the one about half way up the Vennel. As it was my first time in Dumfries since I was a knee high to a grass hopper, so don't know the name. Just had a look in and it was stuffed with every thing any one could want. Looked a possible good source of info as it was close enough to the river to warrant some feed back etc.

Are you going down or have you fished the Burgh waters before?

The next association beat above is better, my one and only experience of the town water was shopping trolleys, graffiti clad concrete fly overs and worm fishermen firmly rooted in all the best spots!
    Good luck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast