Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default lessons from springer!

myself, kingfisher, downtutbacking and mcminnow all met up with springer today for a valuable lesson on casting! I cant speak for the other guys but i had an excellent day and learned alot from springer, who is an tremendous teacher. if you need help with your casting....look no further!!

kingfisher and springer

mcminnow and his good lady.

kingfisher getting a run through.

springer showing us how it should be done!

downtutbacking, kingfisher and springer

and a young handsome guy in the middle!!

Glad you enjoyed the day. Hope to get a lesson myself soon with Springer

What river were you on? It looks as though there was water(!) in it

tweedbunnet

Hi Tweed bunnet, that was my first impression when I first viewed it, but Alan said its more or less summer level. It also had a slight tinge (which is normal) of colour which also gave the impression that the river was fining down.

Lovely water though and worth a go at the back end due to its close proximity to the tide and of course the very cheap price for a days fishing when compared to some Scottish rivers.

It was a great day out meeting Alan and the others, coupled with a fine day weather wise made for excellent training conditions.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank Alan for his undoubted patience and teaching abilities, I feel I can improve on my casting with more practice, now that I have the fundementals of casting.
    The main one which surprised me was how slow and casual Alan makes it, compared to my get it out at all costs with near throwing my body into the water scenario. Once again Thanks for the great day out and one I recommend to any one.
    Last edited by kingfisher; 28-07-2008 at 08:13 AM.

I would like to add my thanks to Alan for the enlightening time I had with his coaching a few weeks ago. This resulted in a complete and very effective change of tackle and tactics! One of my main faults has been very hard to correct: he says I put far to much effort into a violent forward stroke. I know I do it and find it very hard to do otherwise. At least his suggestion that I change to a faster rod that can make use of this stroke has helped somewhat.

Money spent on coaching is very well spent!

ttfn
    Richard

nice pics OTD.
    I too would like to thank Alan. Got my moneys worth in the first 10 minutes!!!!

Last but not least............finally arrived back home at 2.15 today, still shattered after 9 hours sleep last night, but very, very happy.

Firstly, I'd like to say a big thank you to Alan for his enduring patience, much appreciated friendly tuition, and for holding onto me tightly when entering and leaving the river.. If you are thinking of tuition then Alan is your man. I was somewhat concerned about how I would manage after all the problems of last year, but Alan soon had me casting confidently.
    Very many thanks Alan, you're a star and I'll try and do you justice once I get back to the Lune.

Understandably, it was tiring, but I completely enjoyed myself and it was all worthwhile. Great to meet up kingfisher, onthedangle and Downtut Backing and thoroughly enjoyed your company and the wine.........a great bunch of lads and now faces and not just a name. Also thank you for keeping an eye on me while I lurched about on the bank. Helen says thank you to you all for making it a good day out for both of us.

More pictures from Sunday at Wylam

Downstream from Wylam Bridge

The early starters

A suspicious bunch

View upstream

Springer and mcminnow

Springer and kingfisher

Super pictures and great to put some faces to names

Looks like you all had a fabulous time

Great to see you out & about Mac

Thanks
    Last edited by Greenalert; 28-07-2008 at 07:32 PM.
    Tomorrow is another day, so is the next

Quote Originally Posted by Greenalert View Post
    Super pictures and great to put some faces to names

Looks like you all had a fabulous time

Great to see you out & about Mac

Thanks

Thanks..................ended up absolutely cream crackered but well worth it.

well done Mrs Mac,,,,, not just a pretty chaufeur eh!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast