Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Readin n hittin a river

A think yous shud help n on this post put ur pics, a bit about river, how u can read it and how u fish it. Dont b shy! al start
    Eh, River Tay just upstream of Battery Pool
    Tactics - Fire in a flyin c n reel like duck! nah a usually walk rite by ere on route tae battery, worth a go?

Scotty, assuming you're on the left bank (nearest us on the photo), I'd forget about the flying C and horse a fly out about 8ft - 10ft beyond the red line - where I'd expect the fish to be lying down this stretch, on a lengthy line at about 45 - 50 degs to the river. I'd be tempted with a size 8 or more likely a size 10 cascade double in this water.

Altmor.

Don't forget about the inside of the curve-right bank, an often neglected part of a run.

Looks pretty fishy to me, then again any excuse cast and fish !
    Last edited by JeffH; 15-11-2007 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffH View Post
    Don't forget about the inside of the curve-right bank, an often neglected part of a run.

Looks pretty fishy to me, then again any excuse cast and fish !

Is it not just off the right bank that you can fish???

S9Nr

It's a good excercise you are trying. On the picture in question, I'd be 300 yards upstream of there concentrating on the Chinese Pool above the Bridge instead. The water you are looking at is shallow on the left and right bank in most flows and I'd be surprised if it held fish very often. It is towards the end of a rapid that flows from the Chinese Pool above. It might be a spot where traveling fish would pause either side of the current, but my understanding of Kenmore is the fish (in the days when they had any) tend to move straight from the Battery to the Chinese. Once the water gets down even the Trout tend to be thin on the ground in there - I've not caught them often enough to know

Keep posting the photos

CLaG

Just wondering how many people on here have caught fish of the kenmore water??

Never had a fish from anywhere above farleyer but some parts of the river are stunning up there.Would loved to have fished these beats when they had healthy runs up this part.

Quote Originally Posted by madkeen View Post
    Never had a fish from anywhere above farleyer but some parts of the river are stunning up there.Would loved to have fished these beats when they had healthy runs up this part.
    im forgetting i had a 8lb fish far the pool upstream fae the junction with the lyon cant remember the pool. Was a huge water 5ft at kenmore i think and it took the fly right on top of the normal path.

Was from the point pool.

Yes Martin I have seen quite a few springers from the point pool at various water heights when i have been fishing the junction below.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast