Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Default Salmon fishing In Newfoundland

here are Some pics from previous adventures.There are 177 licenced salmon rivers in Newfoundland and Labrador.I live 10-20 min from 4 of the best,and Fish or guide on them everyday throughout the summer.

Fishing here is primarily done with 7-9 weight flyrods and is top water fishing.wet flys are fished with a half hitch around the head to make them skim the surface making a v the salmon truly love..the other local favorite is the orange bomber a dry fly that revolutionized Atlantic Salmon fishing...its so easy to fish the bomber, anyone can now hook a salmon with a little patience...

have any questions about techniques we use here or want to know a little about Newfoundland just ask...
    Attached Images Attached Images brookie-big-salmon-jpg ill-take-salmon-you-keep-large-mouths-hehehe-jpg untitled-scanned-17-jpg untitled-scanned-21js-jpg untitled-scanned-16-50x50-jpg untitled-scanned-40-jpg vanassa-salmon-jpg untitled-scanned-01slab-jpg untitled-scanned-16-jpg untitled-scanned-22-jpg untitled-scanned-11raingear-jpg wing-pool-torrent-river-jpg 

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmallwood View Post
    here are Some pics from previous adventures.There are 177 licenced salmon rivers in Newfoundland and Labrador.I live 10-20 min from 4 of the best,and Fish or guide on them everyday throughout the summer.

Fishing here is primarily done with 7-9 weight flyrods and is top water fishing.wet flys are fished with a half hitch around the head to make them skim the surface making a v the salmon truly love..the other local favorite is the orange bomber a dry fly that revolutionized Atlantic Salmon fishing...its so easy to fish the bomber, anyone can now hook a salmon with a little patience...

have any questions about techniques we use here or want to know a little about Newfoundland just ask...

Loved the picture with the Moose/Elk? plenty of hair supply there for tying flies up, and steaks!!!

You'll need to watch you don't put your back out ..... all that bending over to release fish

Altmor.

When fishing the bombers do you tend to dead drift them or do fish prefer them to be skated like the riffled flies?
    salmonfishing forum.com

Is the Grand Cascapedia on your patch?
    I fished with two NF locals out in Russia a year or two back and heard some remarkable stories of big fish on dry flies and single handed rods.
    They also happen to account for at least 50% of the weeks catch in Russia between the two of them with similar tactics. Dead drift bombers!

Beautiful nature landscape and fish! I'm so very excited about the possibility to have a salmon on the surface!!! My friend and I are interested about Salmon fishing in Canada. Can you give us some info about your rivers, the best periods to try, and about the average price ? We will think about visit in atlantic Canada next season. Thank's
    Last edited by Il Fiorentino; 05-07-2008 at 01:54 PM.

Hi

Are there are decent rivers in Nova Scotia ?
    I've family in Sackville and wouldn't mind goin on hols there if there was a chance of a big un. When is the season start/end over there ?
    Thanks

Thumbs up

Neat pictures; looks (save for the Moose) quite a bit like the upper end of either the North Fork of the Umpqua or Chetco river's here in Oregon.

fae