Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Default Calm after the storm

Hi,

Thought I'd show this pic of a lovely coloured cock fish I caught on the Alness in September.
    It was around 7-8lb and fought like an absolute brute!
    The fish was hooked in a pool called treble rock, which basically means, there are three huge boulders (size of small vans) I was stood in between two of them casting as far as I could down stream towards the third. When un-anounced this fellow took from behind the rock (van). I could not move from the spot I was at so I spent the next 5-10mins trying to tell this fish to come towards me. After applying more pressure than I dare (honest Alan) the fish slowly came towards me, I found that it came easier with only giving a little pressure, as soon as I put on to much it was away tail walking and the full circus show!!
    Eventually I managed to land the fish (to my amazement), we were both knack*red.
    I was sat down and he was just chilling in the side when I thought it would take a nice picture:
    Last edited by Springer; 28-10-2007 at 09:38 PM.

What a great picture Gary, to see the fish sitting there like that is amazing. Since you put a bit of weight on it and showed it who's boss it might have been afraid to move without permission

Brilliant picture-looks a bit shark like with that nose on the fella.

ZH
    "O hielan' streams ah covet nain....................."

Default Picstures of fish from unusual perspectives

Great pic Gary which prompted me to think about posting pics of fish taken from unusual angles or perspectives instead of the usual side on view. Here's a couple to kick things off. The first is a bonefish taken across the shoulders and the second an underwater shot of a grilse from Aboyne castle earlier this year. Lets see your unusual fish pics

Good pics to all, i liked the saltwater photo though, looks great.

Ryan
    Quarry boy Hidden Content

@splash

"Lets see your unusual fish pics"

Hi,

I prefer pictures like these!

Tight Lines
    WST
    (Wolfgang Striewski)
    Last edited by WST; 31-10-2007 at 07:28 PM.