Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default 50lb Salmon from the Alta

Have a look at this video:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2arq6hyLmU"]YouTube - Fly fishing. 50 pound salmon in Alta river[/ame]
    Quite a fish to say the least. I would love to know what the chap was saying throughout....

Nice fish, but 50lb?

I guess he was saying the as we all do - a series of squeaks, yelps, and "cor blimeys"

I was watching the really good DVD by J-E Granbo the other day - when playing a salmon, he sounds like a a slighty higher-pitched John Wilson - spooky

When you watch him taking it to the boat with it slung over his shoulder it looks all of fifty. The guy is very big. What a fish.

Simon
    The next one could be a monster.

I think he's saying what a good decision it was to skip having a shave and head straight to the river!!! What a beast of a fish - almost made that reel smoke!

No C&R on that system

cracking fish all be it a fresh one but cracking

yeah it looks it the region of 50lb takes up alot of room on that boat
    Ye Cannae help bein' a wee bit grumpy, No if ye was jist born crabbit

Awesome! That'll get JimtheFish going before the August lottery trip!
    Last edited by salar76; 30-05-2008 at 11:28 AM.

Maybe if he knew where the hook was he would have gone a bit softer.Wonderful river the Alta but one hell of a job to get on it and one hell of a cost when you do.Quite a lot of the fishing is reserved for residents so I suppose the answer is to up and move house !!

that was some fish on the fly , did you see the rapids just downstream, just as well it didn't decide to take a run down them
    so much fishing, so little time

<a href="Hidden Content style="text-decoration:underline;">Andrew - Loop Akademi Fly Dresser</a>

WOOF! You could fill a lot of tins of salmon with those three fish.

Default And an even bigger one from Alta ...

Aftenposten (Norways largest subscription newspaper), featured a story with pictures of "Oyvind" in the autumn of 2007. A new record from the Alta hatchery, the first 30 kg + salmon they have used for hatchery purposes. “Řyvind” was 139 cm long and weighed 28 kgs when the milt was delivered. He was way over 30 kgs when caught. His spouse was going to be “Petra” 18 kgs and 110 cm long .

This it what I call a locomotive. It feels like hooking into a slow freight-train. You'd be lucky to land this one if he is of the angry type ... He was caught in a net, while they were catching broodstock.

You may need Wallace & Gromit suction boots to keep yourself from being dragged into the river when somthing like this gets hold...
    Last edited by Ursus Nautilus; 30-05-2008 at 10:09 PM. Reason: add picture ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast