Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Default My First for 2008

What happened to the other thread?
    Thats a lovely looking fish, what did you get it on?
    I love that sea pool, when i was fishing it in february, a big fish of around 12-15lb or so rise 6 or 7 times in the same place, just at the tail of the second pool. I threw everything at him for as long as i could stand without my fingers drooping off with the cold.lol

Quote Originally Posted by michaelmoyola View Post
    What happened to the other thread?
    When tidying it up I accidentally deleted it

Hi Michael, Thanks mate had fished most of the upper stretches of the river most of the day with no luck other than small trout,parr and 4 lovely smolts. We had arranged a couple hours on the seapool that evening. I had been fishing the 4th pool before the tide had reached for about 20mins. Moved up to the 3rd pool on checking my leader i noticed a wind knot. Changed my leader and put on a size 14 Cascade. After 3 or 4 casts as the fly was coming just in front of the groin, just felt the line stop. Then the heart stopped you kow what i mean, fish on. I was using my greys 9 1/2 single handed 7 weight. Fish gave a good hard fight, fish just over 4lb long tailed sealiced. should be down next weekend. Just need some water.

Quote Originally Posted by bigangus01 View Post
    Last edited by kingfisher; 16-05-2008 at 08:02 PM.