Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Default The dirtier side of our sport!!!

Sorry if these offend, These where taken of the River Finn Earlier this year. Regardless to what people say it is still rife within the Foyle System. Although great credit must go to the head bailiff this year and it was not as bad as previous years. I did not take these myself and was not there when they where taken and no its not my net!!!!

But its is a reminder to all of us what happens if we dont support our local clubs and authoritites in doing their much need job

Last edited by FaughanPurple; 07-11-2007 at 05:19 PM.

I heard the same FP, the new guy in charge at the Fisheries seems to have made a real difference this year. I have heard his officers have been out more than ever before and that more nets have been taken than ever before (apparently in the first 3 month of the season the officers were out more that the had the entire previous year). Long may it continue
    so much fishing, so little time

<a href="Hidden Content style="text-decoration:underline;">Andrew - Loop Akademi Fly Dresser</a>

It was great, more often than not i met bailiffs every trip i made which was a great change since i went nearly 3 years without being asked for my permit once....i know there is a difference between over and under policing a system but sometimes its just nice to know that someone is out keeping an eye.

I know they do a thank less job at times and im sure they feel like they are peeing into the wind at times but this year a real difference was made and felt by them so please lads keep up the great work we have a real resource in this system and it is steadily improving hopefully back to its glory days that all the old timers talk about now that would be a site.

Now just for the legal nets to go and its all systems go

Aye,the officers need to be on the ball to keep things in check