Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Stobhall 2010

Default Stobhall 2010

This is the only photo i have of me playing a fish at Stobhall on The TAY 2010.12LB RETURNED.

what did you catch it on denfield?
    Hit And Hope Merchant! =D

Default Matt Hayes special

Yo-zuri lure(rapala like lure with a slightly different action)

To Bob&Ernies jolly laughter.They said your putting on what,with a few selective phrases.About 10 minutes after tying it on i had the one and only take of the day.After that day i was on the look out for more,luckily i was browsing in a sports shop in Adeje,Tenerife on a family holiday and spotted some.As fishermen do five minutes later i was walking out 80 quid lighter,15 yo-zuri lures in my sky-rocket,a big grin beaming.The wife just shook her head as i was explaining at the pool-side.
    Black and silver floating yo-zuri has been great,takes five fish a year.

Nice photograph.
    That pool is the Major's Cast which is actually on the Taymount beat which is the lower of the two beats although you were fishing the Stobhall day. They alternate each day.
    The rocks in the background are where the river runs through the Linn into the Bellymore pool, a really terrifying place but very productive in the spring.
    I once harled that pool many years ago in February with Alf and his assistant boatman using oars instead of the engine. They preferred this method due to the water flow in the pool at certain heights. Caught a fish too, a nice 12lber on a bright red kynoch. One of about eight for the day if I remember correctly. Changed days!
    Fished it with Jess Miller who owned Dunkeld House Hotel at the time, Anyone know where he is now ?