Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default River Lune Today

some photos taken today on the river lune above kirby lonsdale.
    i hope they come out this is a first for me.
    http://s286.photobucket.com/albums/l...t=101_1568.jpg

Last edited by nelsonbaz; 03-04-2008 at 08:45 PM.

Fine looking water. Any springers about?

no only saw one fish follow me in but no takers could have been a brown trout.

thats a lovely looking stream in the first pic- whats it called nelson?

the river is the river lune above kirby lonsdale east of kendal

sorry nelson i meant pool

i think it is parsons dub, i have only been on for three times

Yes, it's Parson's Dub. Was a cracking spring pool before UDN, but still holds a lot of fish in the back end. The other long pool is Treasonfield which is also a cracking pool for both salmon and sea trout, but best fished off the grass bank on the oppposite bank.

Spent my early years fishing both pools on a regular basis.

Barry, once the fish arrive, try fishing from the grassy point opposite the croy at the top of Treasonfield.

Nice looking water, Ive never fished it but walked it in the past.

Have you any shots of the Hyndburn? (Trib of the Wenning) Ive spent man a happy hour down at the force (foss) watching hundreds of seatrout in the pools below.

I always loved the Hyndburn seatrout, they are a distintive strain, long and very deep blackIspotted.

if one is caught on the lower Lune, you can tell its destined for the Hyndburn, very differnt to the Lune or Greta's seatrout, and also different from the Wennings fish, even though its a Trib of the Wenning.

Ive always been interested by particular sub-strains within Catchments, just like on the lower Ribble, you know which Salmon is heading for the little Ribble (long, thin and lean) and which is for the Hodder (short, deep, fat and almost 'Springer' like)

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Andrews View Post
    Nice looking water, Ive never fished it but walked it in the past.

Have you any shots of the Hyndburn? (Trib of the Wenning) Ive spent man a happy hour down at the force (foss) watching hundreds of seatrout in the pools below.

I always loved the Hyndburn seatrout, they are a distintive strain, long and very deep blackIspotted.

if one is caught on the lower Lune, you can tell its destined for the Hyndburn, very differnt to the Lune or Greta's seatrout, and also different from the Wennings fish, even though its a Trib of the Wenning.

Ive always been interested by particular sub-strains within Catchments, just like on the lower Ribble, you know which Salmon is heading for the little Ribble (long, thin and lean) and which is for the Hodder (short, deep, fat and almost 'Springer' like)
    My own experience of Lune salmon caught around Kirkby Lonsdale is that they are primarily long, thin & lean. I have however, caught a handful of fish that looked out of place, insofar as they were short and stocky with a darker blue hue on their back. I presumed they were not native Lune stock and had taken a wrong turning.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast