Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Default Big Ribble Salmon, young lad

Thought id share this with you all.

Just had this pic sent me from the missus, she found it on her phone from last season.

I took her young lad down the lower Ribble fishing for a couple of hours late September. We ended up with this fine fish.

I know we would all rather see fish alive, being returned, but it was the only Ribble fish we killed last year, my second tag was returned unused.

We did try to revive the fish but it wouldn’t go back after a long fight on seatrout gear. So the family eat it at Christmas

He can’t wait for the main runs of fish to return this year but this time wants his own rod!

Last edited by macd; 02-04-2008 at 09:48 AM. Reason: added IMG tags to make pic visible pm sent

Its a great way to get the kids interested in fishing, my kids cant wait to catch a salmon lets hope they dont have to wait as long as I did.

Superb, well done

nice fish their saintandrew ,
    i bet he was made up, i was lucky enough to catch a 2.5 lb seatrout on worm and float for my fist fish when i was very young , down at the whirlpool on the ribble, the memory sticks with me forever and i was litteraly hooked on fishing and went pritty much everyday after that for the whole summer holls.

you have got him into a sport that will give him many a fond memory
    best regards speers

Cheers Guys

He didnít catch it 'fully' himself although he claimed it! I took him down to try and get him interested in fishing and the river. I hooked the fish but passed the rod for him to play, and then I netted it for him.

I had to stand with my arms around him, telling him what to do and supervise him, considering it was on light gear and it was only his third time out with me, he read really well!

Although he wanted to show his mum he wanted to let it go and was quite upset when we couldn't revive it and had to knock it. Which I thought was good.

Ive already got him a small rod, so he's eager to get out again!

Ps Any one know how to 'brush out' Liverpool FC Mugs on jpg. Images? lol. Or better still replace it with a Man U mug instead lol

Cracking first fish

mine was a wee brown trout from the Finn closely followed by an eel!!!

id say that him hooked for life now and great to see it too!!!
    Ye Cannae help bein' a wee bit grumpy, No if ye was jist born crabbit