Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default 2008 began so well...

... that no matter what happens, this is a good fly fishing year.
    A Trout caught 26/1.
    I guess that this will be my once-in-a-life-time-fish
    Well, maybe a Springer in Spey...
    Attached Images Attached Images 2008-01-26f-jpg 

Funking heck that's a fish!!!

A sea trout???

Where did you get him?

Quote Originally Posted by dighty View Post
    Funking heck that's a fish!!!

A sea trout???

Where did you get him?
    Almost the sea, it is from the biggest lake in Sweden. Caught in a river that ends in this lake.

Thumbs up Wow!

I can 'only wish!'

Fred

A belting fish, bet it faught like a demon

In Verbo Tuo Laxabo Rete

Quote Originally Posted by betanut View Post
    A belting fish, bet it faught like a demon
    Yes he was very strong and gave me a good 15 minutes. Water beeing below 4 degrees Celsius for sure helped me.

The suprise catching a non Kelt will be hard to top in the future. This has never happen in this river i Januari. When I realized what I was hooked up to I became very nervous and that is a nice feeling.

well done that man

A really great fish. I love the feeling when the kelt on the end of your line suddenly wakes up and you realise it is fresh. A couple of years ago in Russia I had been fishing for four days with only kelts to show, I had caught three kelts from the same lie in quick succession when the line pulled again. I was playing the fish hard to drag it in thinking it was a kelt when it exploded from the water, silver and blue and long-tail liced. The surge of fear and adrenaline that went through me that second was wonderful! From ' lets drag it in' to 'please don't come off' in one millisecond!

Cheers, Simon
    The next one could be a monster.

Quote Originally Posted by TyneTraveller View Post
    A really great fish. I love the feeling when the kelt on the end of your line suddenly wakes up and you realise it is fresh. A couple of years ago in Russia I had been fishing for four days with only kelts to show, I had caught three kelts from the same lie in quick succession when the line pulled again. I was playing the fish hard to drag it in thinking it was a kelt when it exploded from the water, silver and blue and long-tail liced. The surge of fear and adrenaline that went through me that second was wonderful! From ' lets drag it in' to 'please don't come off' in one millisecond!

Cheers, Simon
    Hi Simon,

I've fished a lot over the years with my sister and brother in law and my sister is a right one for "mini prayers". If you're playing a fish you hear this liitle voice in the background every 10 seconds saying "don't come off, don't come off".

Then when you get the fish near the bank and you realise it's a dark hen or bright red cock the prayers cease and it's "that'll have to go back".

Mac

Quote Originally Posted by TyneTraveller View Post

Cheers, Simon
    Yes you describe it so well
    CHeers, Thomas

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast