Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The river Nore in Ireland.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    A good run of salmon last November
    read all about
    salmon galore
    Last edited by 25lbs; 21-03-2008 at 07:34 PM.
    Tight lines,
    25lbs

Hidden Content

Whats the river like to fish during the summer?Have a friend in Thomastown and might make the hike up

Cracking action shots 25lbs, only once managed to capture the leaper myself from the R Endrick, part of the Loch Lomond system. Almost as good as catching it with the rod.

Altmor.

lovely snaps 25lb'er glad to see that the problem of the fish pass in Kilkenny seems to have been overcome, unfortunately i believe that there are still many more obstacles for Nore fish to overcome. There were talks of a similar pass being mooted for Clonmel but think they have fallen by the wayside. What were your thoughts on the sucess or otherwise of pass?

Default summer on the Nore

Quote Originally Posted by reddie View Post
    Whats the river like to fish during the summer?Have a friend in Thomastown and might make the hike up
    Hi reddie if I could fish any river in Ireland it would be the Nore spring ,summer,or autumn . last year I caught 57 salmon up to 18 lbs with an average of 10lbs and I only fished 30 days due to high water.
    My best day in the past 26 years I got 10 fish from 8 to 14lbs.
    My biggest fish is 25lbs which was caught 30 minutes after landing a 20lb'er.
    I will PM you with more info.
    Tight lines,
    25lbs

Hidden Content

Default Wonderful pictures

25lbs,

Thanks for sharing these pictures.

Scotview
    Last edited by Scotview; 21-03-2008 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Salar View Post
    lovely snaps 25lb'er glad to see that the problem of the fish pass in Kilkenny seems to have been overcome, unfortunately i believe that there are still many more obstacles for Nore fish to overcome. There were talks of a similar pass being mooted for Clonmel but think they have fallen by the wayside. What were your thoughts on the sucess or otherwise of pass?
    [IMG][/IMG]
    before
    after
    Since the fish "pass" was removed fish can be seen in most of the spawning streams they were absent for the two years the fish pass was in operation.
    for more info on this fish pass check out this http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/n...nd/4227143.stm
    Tight lines,
    25lbs

Hidden Content

great snaps 25LBr ,you seem to have found a little paradise for yourself there.all going well I will see you in may ,..Corky

How did the 2 guys in the middle picture get there & get back
    Tomorrow is another day, so is the next

Quote Originally Posted by Greenalert View Post
    How did the 2 guys in the middle picture get there & get back
    hi Greenalert they walked out and back to the"fish pass" along the top of the weir a good few times that day they were trying to remove a jammed log that the "experts" said was the reason salmon could not get up over the pass.
    The truth about the pass it was too high, too long ,too steep , flow rate too high and the water at the base was too shallow.
    The cost to put this right was well over 100,000 euro.
    What we have now is the biggest rock ramp fish pass in Europe and we have had a group of Germans over to see how it was done. The rock ramp was designed by Alan Sullivan he has been invaluable to thewww.noresuirrivertrust.org
    Tight lines,
    25lbs

Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast