Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  29

Default Ballynahinch Castle Fishery.

img_5552-jpgimg_5548-jpgimg_5521-jpg[ATTACH=CONFIG .A very nice place to visit , it has a River walkway ,and Lake walkway ,also a walled Garden . img_5531-jpgGalway Fly Fishing Rates | Fishing License Ireland |Ö
    Attached Images Attached Images img_5507-jpg 
    Fishing Almost Everyday

I will be back there again next June. It will be my 6th visit and hopefully there will be plenty more in the coming years !
    Love it !!
    My Avatar picture was taken in 2009 in the Fisherman's bar and my name is on the cup in the bar for the heaviest fish that year. Just thought I would mention it
    Attached Images Attached Images img_1457_2-jpg 
    Last edited by Chicharito; 15-11-2019 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kenny sloan View Post
    img_5552-jpgimg_5548-jpgimg_5521-jpg[ATTACH=CONFIG .A very nice place to visit , it has a River walkway ,and Lake walkway ,also a walled Garden . img_5531-jpgGalway Fly Fishing Rates | Fishing License Ireland |Ö

And some more pics.....
    Attached Images Attached Images img_20190625_175550-jpg img-20190627-wa0011-jpg img_20190624_170906-jpg 

Quote Originally Posted by Chicharito View Post
    I will be back there again next June. It will be my 6th visit and hopefully there will be plenty more in the coming years !
    Love it !!
    My Avatar picture was taken in 2009 in the Fisherman's bar and my name is on the cup in the bar for the heaviest fish that year. Just thought I would mention it
    Thatís a hell of a summer salmon!

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    Thatís a hell of a summer salmon!
    Cheers! It was my first on the fly !
    July 15 2009, 11lb . The summer fish are bigger these days and my fish wouldn't win any prizes nowadays. It's still one of my best fishing memories.

Very nice summer salmon , good catch .While i was there 2 salmon jumped just below "no man's land" pool must be on there way up to spawn .
    Fishing Almost Everyday

Stayed there some years ago but too early in the season (early May) for the salmon. Fantastic food and superb accommodation overlooking the river, not cheap but the best rarely is
    Went on to stay at the Butler Arms Waterville whereby I caught a lovely fish on Lough Currane with virtually the last cast prior to leaving for the ferry at Cork.