Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  129
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Moggy Photos

guest2938 Guest

Default Moggy Photos

This is a thread about cats. I love them, Iíve grew up with dogs, springers and labs, but cats you just canít beat them. This a place where all SFF members with cats can talk about their cats. Feel free to mention them in any thread you like because it seems itís acceptable if youíve a dog on here. Iím going to make a bold statement that my cat would be just as good if not better at retrieving pheasants n stuff than some of the mongrels on show here, in fact not only could he retrieve, but he has the ability to malky most birds up to an Osprey.

I give you Dougie

8ef6fad5-cefa-4725-805f-ebd0a9434706-jpeg

DCH
    Last edited by guest2938; 11-11-2019 at 11:16 PM.

Here is my cat, went away for 3 days on the Spey the start of April and came home saying we were getting a new family pet, def didnít want her at the time but now think sheís pritty cool
    Sure she has been watching to much TV in her 9 months on earth and is confused to what she actually is, Pet Neutral maybe?

1d7d6bcc-bef9-4b39-b695-a5332a578510-jpeg

You forgot about the time dougie fell in the sink...

And Mrs Dougie..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

guest2938 Guest

DCH

I love dogs, wouldn't be without one - but cats are something else. Dogs love you regardless. You have to earn a cat's affection. Dogs are programmed to obey. Cats are programmed to... cat. My husband isn't massively keen on ours (I was a 'buy one, get one kid and a small zoo free' deal) because they do exactly as they wish, but that's the best bit. Cats are anarchists.

This is Nancy. She's utterly fearless, very very small even for her breed (Cornish Rex) and very independent. She's currently sitting on my knee because she's the queen and that's where she wants to sit. I get no say. She likes high places so she can look down on people (and as a kitten launch herself on you in an aerial attack), and is a heat seeking missile. Sits on top of boiling kettles and unplugs routers with her bony bum as she cosies down on them. Nancy has cancer. She's been in remission for almost two years following chemo, but is on borrowed time. Her bond with my boy is unreal. She tolerates me because I feed her and my lap is warm. She adores Seth, and it's a mutual love affair. She sleeps with him, waits for him to come home from school and chatters to him. Her cancer (esophageal) has stolen most of her miaow, so she chirrups, prrrrrrps and squeaks now. Unbelievably cute.

img_0473-jpg

This is her half brother Ambrose. He's a total pudding. Behaves more like a dog than a cat. Loves belly rubs, rolls in yucky stuff, follows you around adoringly. He just wants love. An insanely affectionate cat, purrs all the time. Hasn't met a plant or foodstuff he won't try to eat, before immediately throwing it back up again. Always twice. Never one vom, always two. Cheerfully optimistic though and will continue eating whatever it was/throwing it back up again until it's removed. He's My Cat, and a bit dim. Does a good line in vacant stares.

img_2175-jpg

And here you can have some house rabbits for free. Elsie - the brown - has more personality than any animal I've ever met. I always assumed rabbits were rubbish. Elsie proved me wrong. We got her from Pets at Home, in their rescue centre bit - she was a handed in stray, and furiously trashing the tiny cage and stamping her feet. I felt sorry for her, all cooped up and raging, so we brought her home. She was only supposed to be inside over last winter. I assumed she'd be too angry/bitey/scared to be a proper pet. She is actually very friendly and affectionate, on her terms, and Seth won't let her go outside now as he likes her too much, so she has free reign of his bedroom, with a den under his bed that's just for her. She rules all the animals in the house. They're all petrified of her. She can be very assertive when she wants/doesn't want something. I am constantly amazed by her bravery and spirit. Rabbits can be badass. Who knew? The white - Obie - is utterly pointless. He's an RSPCA rescue, neglect case, had been there for over a year because he's so ugly and pointless. No personality whatsoever. He just eats and craps. We chose him because rabbits need to live in at least a bonded pair group, and Elsie has enough personality for at least 18 animals, so she needed a husband she could bully who wouldn't fight back. Obie is essentially a greedy cloud. She tried bullying him but he just let her, so now she looks after him - it's very sweet. He has problems with his eyes, ears and back legs as a result of the neglect. His fur is insanely thick and soft.

img_3694-jpg

guest2938 Guest

Great post S, heartfelt sympathies for Nancy

DCH

One of our friends had a rabbit like Elsie.
    It adored her and followed her everywhere.
    I never appreciated the personality rabbits had until then.

Quote Originally Posted by mows View Post
    One of our friends had a rabbit like Elsie.
    It adored her and followed her everywhere.
    I never appreciated the personality rabbits had until then.
    Me either. I have a mental rabbit friend lady who's always going on about how sensitive and timid they are. Not this one. She's bombproof.

She follows us around and lays down in what looks submission but is actually dominant behaviour: flat to the ground, ears back. That's your cue to rub her head, for as long as she wants you to. If you don't fuss her, or stop fussing before she's ready, she'll continue to follow you, but biting at your calves. Not hard. She can bite hard, and it hurts. These are warning nips: PAY ME SOME ATTENTION. Equally, if you fuss her for too long, she'll suddenly nip at you. Or if you touch her in the wrong place. Anything past the ears and you are dead, my friend.

She runs towards loud noises and thumps her feet at them. Has no fear of the cats, or the dog. Merle is particularly afraid of her.

I love her. She knows what she wants and how to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Safranfoer View Post
    Me either. I have a mental rabbit friend lady who's always going on about how sensitive and timid they are. Not this one. She's bombproof.

She follows us around and lays down in what looks submission but is actually dominant behaviour: flat to the ground, ears back. That's your cue to rub her head, for as long as she wants you to. If you don't fuss her, or stop fussing before she's ready, she'll continue to follow you, but biting at your calves. Not hard. She can bite hard, and it hurts. These are warning nips: PAY ME SOME ATTENTION. Equally, if you fuss her for too long, she'll suddenly nip at you. Or if you touch her in the wrong place. Anything past the ears and you are dead, my friend.

She runs towards loud noises and thumps her feet at them. Has no fear of the cats, or the dog. Merle is particularly afraid of her.

I love her. She knows what she wants and how to get it.
    Sounds like a typical woman to me !

When I finally slow down a bit , and get a day job , I want one of these. 👍

d3844047-0647-4863-9fd1-ba6a4c7deff2-jpeg
    Remember Thomas Muir of Huntershill

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast