Thanks Thanks:  13
Likes Likes:  1,132
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Default Your Most memorable fish of the 2019 season

For most of us season 2019 is now over. Looking back I thought it would be a good idea to share a pic of my most memorable fish of 2019 and my reason why, and hear from other forum members about their most memorable fish from 2019..

AA

This is mine caught at 23:27pm on the 25th of June on the very top of our clubs fishings on the allan water, after sitting for an hour waiting for the daylight to fade we seen a sew sea trout move.. I was fishing with my mate both with similar set ups (straight floater small aluminium tube) my mate went down the pool first with no luck. I followed down soon after, when i got to the hot spot I cast and as the fly was swinging round I saw a bow wave and a head at the back of the fly.. next thing the line was tight but it wasnt the usual sea trout take.. this fish took and stayed down dogging away. I could feel it was a big fish but it wasnít fighting like a sea trout. I shouted my mate and said ďif this is a sea trout its a big one!Ē After 5 or 10 mins of confusion we finally landed a salmon of around 7lbs. What makes this memorable for me is that it is almost unheard of tho catch salmon on the allan that far up so early in the season and in the middle of the night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

guest2938 Guest

Good thread Jordan

Iíve not much to choose from to be honest as I fished less this season, so itíll have to be this one. Purely for the reason that the earliest are always the best in my view, and after a few losses since season start, and others around me picking up some nice springers on the river, i thought a spring fish was going to evade me but got in there right at the death of May.

744bf652-8f9a-4bca-aa34-2f789501adaa-jpeg

DCH
    Attached Images Attached Images 26bb526d-12ca-413b-9ded-58179e5a7c25-jpeg 
    Last edited by guest2938; 01-11-2019 at 10:11 AM.

Probably this one a few weeks back as it put up a great scrap, long runs, getting airborn and even when i was sitting perched on the edge of the high bank to reach it with the net it charged straight over the net and went under the washed out bank. Also another angler 20 yards above me got the words "have you got..." out of his mouth before his rod hooped over and he was into his first fish in 3 years. There were about 5 of us on a short stretch of the coquet that day and he all had at least one salmon that afternoon.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

The spring fish evaded me but this one on the second of June on a home tied fly and as much aerobatics as I could of coped with was a great start to the season... had a few more very memorable fish but over all 2019 has been my best season with some bigger fresher fish and getting a new Personal best that was a kipper but still pb that came from tactics to fly that had been thought out instead of chuck n chance made it feel more of an achievement.
    Attached Images Attached Images 1024f811-16c2-4dde-9d65-832b35868779-jpeg 

dsc00552-jpg

It would be this one, my first of the year caught on a snowy day in March.

Memorable simply because of it's blistering first run all the way to the tail of the pool. The memory of the reel screaming still makes me smile.
    ..........so many flies, so little time!

Quote Originally Posted by westie4566 View Post
    dsc00552-jpg

It would be this one, my first of the year caught on a snowy day in March.

Memorable simply because of it's blistering first run all the way to the tail of the pool. The memory of the reel screaming still makes me smile.
    Had one scream away on my old hardy ultralight disc this year and you just cant beat that sound.

Quote Originally Posted by Rrrr View Post
    Had one scream away on my old hardy ultralight disc this year and you just cant beat that sound.

Your right! That fish was on my old Golden Prince - it would wake the dead!
    ..........so many flies, so little time!

Has to be this one, this was the second fish my youngest caught last year, I pretty much left him to it when he hooked it....what a fight lol!
    Returned after quick pic.
    Makes up for my lack of Salmon, love seeing threads like this, helps look forward to next year

imag4014-jpg

My best fish for 2019 was a brown trout from the river clyde.caught on fly and it gave an incredible fight and was returned.Attachment 40266
    My biggest brownie before this was caught on worm in 1998 and was 5lb 6oz this one beat this pbimg-20190705-wa0001-jpg
    Last edited by fishingdaft; 03-11-2019 at 01:45 PM.

Only caight 4 (in a week on th Thurso) this year, so not many to choose from!

Anyway, has to be the first of the week - which was a tough one - taken from the Trawl Pool on B5. Fishied it diligently all the way down, and finally the fish took when retrieving quite quickly with a size 10 Heather Shrimp.

thurso_1-jpg

And just because, here's two of the others - the first an acrobatic 10lb'er from B3 and the other a c.4lb fresh fish which is now in the freezer! Both on the same Heather Shrimp.

thurso_2-jpg

thurso_3-jpg

Oscar.
    Last edited by Oscar; 01-11-2019 at 01:42 PM.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast