Thanks Thanks:  15
Likes Likes:  1,230
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisM View Post
    Only a single fish for me in 2019... but my dream fish!Attachment 40852
    Cracker Chris! Just check out the tail on that one.....oooft!
    ..........so many flies, so little time!

Quote Originally Posted by keirstream View Post
    That would have been interesting to say the least.
    The attachment is not showing unfortunately.
    I hope this is fixed now. Will try and get the video sorted during the winter...was a lot of fun.

A Don Grilse in low hopeless conditions.. I only headed out cause i got up at 5am recovering from night shift picked up a tippet with a couple sea trout flees on it and the 10fter.

It was lightly hooked so would almost certainly been lost on a double handed rod.. The killer flee that dose well for me fell out and stuck on the side of the net.

Well done to all the other folks memorable fish of 2019

img_0673-rszd_li-jpg

Its not a salmon or silver for that matter, its not even wild either or biggest brown but this guy sticks in my head for some reason as my most memorable fish from 2019.

Why?

Well a day in a boat with great company is always winner but then to see a trout rising, coming across the wind. Towards your ginked hopper sitting high in the water and with the most perfect head and shoulder rise, viewed entirely side on, no more than 20 ft from the boat. It englufs the lot confidently and keeps on moving.. It just brought home how much I loved dry fly fishing and how much Ive missed it the last few years. Its definitely reignited that visual stimuli that is often missing when swinging flies at Salar.

fb_img_1577706626936-jpg
    Last edited by FaughanPurple; 30-12-2019 at 01:04 PM.
    Ye Cannae help bein' a wee bit grumpy, No if ye was jist born crabbit

Quote Originally Posted by playhappy View Post
    Attachment 41460

I managed to get lucky in July on the ribble I was just a passenger as this tore off, while I just gormlessly hung on. Went airborne like a space launch and shot off down the pool. Fortunately, on the second time of asking I netted it mangled hook came out in the net instantly. Didnt bother measuring or weighing just wanted it back as quickly as possible. Aprox 20plus witnessed by two other rods. Brilliant considering, I was just having a quick chuck on my way to work.

sorry the photo wont display, not sure why
    You have to go advanced

Quote Originally Posted by playhappy View Post
    Attachment 41460

I managed to get lucky in July on the ribble I was just a passenger as this tore off, while I just gormlessly hung on. Went airborne like a space launch and shot off down the pool. Fortunately, on the second time of asking I netted it mangled hook came out in the net instantly. Didnt bother measuring or weighing just wanted it back as quickly as possible. Aprox 20plus witnessed by two other rods. Brilliant considering, I was just having a quick chuck on my way to work.

sorry the photo wont display, not sure why
    It's possibly too large a file size. Mine did the same last week but uploaded when I reduced the size. Mind you it did turn upside down in the process Your Most memorable fish of the 2019 season

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Attached Images Attached Images image0-jpeg 6588b938-1d86-49a0-9aa8-c8e770f62b2e-jpg 
    Last edited by playhappy; 30-12-2019 at 08:48 PM.

some fantastic fishs in this thread !

A+
    T

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789