Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  12

Thread: Bees

Default Bees

Up at the in-laws over the weekend who stay in the countryside up Strathdon way. Watched a massive swarm of honey bees who then settled on a tree. Bit of background, this would have been a splinter group from an overcrowded colony population, usually seen late spring early summer during warmest parts of the day, on the move and temporarily resting (for an hour to up to a few days) until a suitable nesting location is identified. This swarm ended up being collected today by a local bee keeper and will be put to good use producing honey. Amazing to see, especially as its widely reported that their numbers are dwindling.

img_2243-jpg

img_2244-jpg

img_2246-jpg

img_2247-jpg

img_2248-jpg

DCH

wow thats some swarm-one of the world cup matches was halted for several minutes last week as a swarm crossed the pitch.

We were buzzin when we saw it...

DCH

Good to see as bees have taken a hammering the last few years.

Don't shun the hive because the Bees have stings.

Ive noticed more bees than usual on the heather and gorse this year when out on my local fells with the dog.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

DCH,
    Thanks for posting these pics, at times mother nature and how it all works is pretty impresive, really good to see when the poor bees are like our Salmon under so much pressure and impact on human activity etc.

Cheers GTB

GTB

I used almost your exact same words regarding mother nature last night, when discussing this with someone

DCH