Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  18

Default Deveron Huntly Association

With rivers big and dirty in the NE Scotland on Monday, and with the Deveron @ Huntly the only NE river to be falling away, and being a high water beat, i stopped off on the A96 on my way up to Inverness with work and got a permit. I only fished 4 hours but for 20 who`s complaining. Probably better suited for the spinner on the day, i fished through some pools with a sink tip and a Sunray. No salmon, but did see head n tailing which was encouraging. Landed 2 lovely brown trout one 2lb+ and great sport on the switch. No pics, high poorly maintained overgrown banks mean landing any fish is a challenge. Bring a net. Local (only one i saw) said it was a tad early for Huntly still, but im sure they were motoring through to the Cabrach. From now until season end, in good water, if you are washed off and looking for a nice high water beat and a chance of a fish and a cast, and with loads of water to go at, you would be hard pushed to better Huntly for the money. Permits from the solicitors on Duke Street.

img_1962-jpg

img_1961-jpg

img_1964-jpg

img_1965-jpg

img_1967-jpg

img_1968-jpg

img_1969-jpg

img_1970-jpg

DCH

That looks like my sort of fishing that place. Dinking a mepp about in those runners etc.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

looks fishy there, normally when driving up there its like a little trickle the past few years, plenty nice beats between there and Turriff and sounds like a few more fish going about than the past few years

Looks a braw wee stretch a water DCH 🎣

Lovely photos. Have some great memories of the Deveron from the 80s, destination for our annual summer holiday for many years.