Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    Thanks Nigel, much appreciated.

It will be my first time, but I'll be with 3 pals (spawny on this thread being one of them) who fished this spring and will also be fishing next spring! They will love being my ghillie!

Cheers.
    The Thurso is a river you really have to tune in to. A lot of Big 4 fishermen struggle with it, especially the long canal stretches on the likes of 13, 12, 7, 6, 3 and 2. However, I'll pass on the best bit of advice I was given by a regular rod which is in these stretches pay particular attention to where the river narrows and where there are reed beds (which should be fished from the opposite side). At that time of year, if it is windy treat them like long narrow lochs and have plenty of Muddlers and floatant with you.

Regards

NHP

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    Thanks Nigel, much appreciated.

It will be my first time, but I'll be with 3 pals (spawny on this thread being one of them) who fished this spring and will also be fishing next spring! They will love being my ghillie!

Cheers.
    Don't worry Oscar. I will make sure you fish the best bits!!

Quote Originally Posted by tenet View Post
    Not a lot of fishing to be done on Beat13 today

Looks like a normal Thurso day to me! There is a reason there are very few trees

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Passmore View Post
    The Thurso is a river you really have to tune in to. A lot of Big 4 fishermen struggle with it, especially the long canal stretches on the likes of 13, 12, 7, 6, 3 and 2. However, I'll pass on the best bit of advice I was given by a regular rod which is in these stretches pay particular attention to where the river narrows and where there are reed beds (which should be fished from the opposite side). At that time of year, if it is windy treat them like long narrow lochs and have plenty of Muddlers and floatant with you.

Regards

NHP
    I would imagine it is very much like fishing the upper beats/slower pools on the Erriff, which I fished for many years.

Will be a great challenge, whatever!

Oscar.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123