Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Default Salmon From Mid Clyde.

Caught This Salmon About August Was Quite Red So It Was Returned.

I heard there was a good run on the Clyde this year with the high water in July and August?

Red face

There was excellent runs but this caused too many anglers trying to fish the one pool. This, in fact, made me stay away from the river which in turn, caused a low tally for the season. There were eight anglers standing under the bridge queing up to fish. There were at least half a dozen anglers spinning at the main pool, who unfortunately, weren't fans of moving down. I managed to grab a wee space after an hour or two and hooked a grilse. I had no net and it was in at my feet several times before coming off. Most of the guys said i should count it but i have the story to tell.
    After several days of non stop anglers, awaiting their turn to have a few casts, i decided it would be the last time i visited the river that year. I simply cannot stand having to wait a tremendous amount of time to get a few casts on the one pool and considering it is a mere 75 yards long, i couldn't stand it any longer. I spoke to many of the anglers i know down there and they had the same opinions, some a lot more harsh than mine . Although, many other anglers were willing to stand and have a chat with the other guys until their turn was up. But for me, thats not my perfect days fishing i have always imagined in my head.

Tightlines

Ryan
    Last edited by Swift; 01-11-2007 at 09:04 PM.
    Quarry boy Hidden Content

And by the way Ryan. Nice to see you put the big fella back. Too many young lads nowadays have the wrong attitude to fishing, so well done.

Ryan

Cheers Brady mate ...
    I now what your talking about and the hassle you had mate well hit it next year n do the damage mate!!
    There was a good run this year I had 11 one day and lost about 5 this is the first year I've fished for Salmon and it was great.I had a total of 20 Salmon.
    Ryan.
    Last edited by Ryan...; 01-11-2007 at 10:11 PM.

Definitely, i'm gonna hammer it next year and many will be pleased to hear, i am gonna have a good hustle with the leven too.
    Have to get the old tally up. I will speak to you soon about the casting and we'll get you out there with the big rod next year.

tightlines

Ryan
    Last edited by Swift; 01-11-2007 at 10:30 PM.

Sme am hitting it most days lol
    cye the morra.