Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Seabass

Default Seabass

Fished in south east Ireland this morning with the fly from the shore and landed 5 cracking seabass. Camera was acting up and said change battery pack (prob from all the salmon and seatrout pics I've taken recently). I switched it off again and got a pic or two before I left for home. Heres one I really liked:

t.

Fair play to you T nice bass and a fine setup,what a season your having.Keep em coming.
    Corky
    Make certain you have the camera sorted for the next issue.
    Last edited by corky; 09-08-2009 at 10:23 PM.

Zane Ti reel too??

bb

Default Reel

BB,

its the zane but not the ti model. I couldnt afford it but if I could I would as we know that the ti stands for

t

Ya Im here thinking of knocking the ol atlantis and airframe of the wall
    maybe just change my username to Airhead
    Last edited by corky; 09-08-2009 at 10:34 PM.

Default Off the wall

Quote Originally Posted by corky View Post
    Ya Im here thinking of knocking the ol atlantis and airframe of the wall
    maybe just change my username to Airhead
    Corky,

its a fantastic rod and reel. TBH for the quality of it it was worth the money and I got a good deal on it too.

t.

Certainly is a great kit T,Im in the process of upgrading my own tackle just that its hard to buy without having a go first and our tackle shops dont give us the chance to try before you buy.
    Along those line and sorry for jumping on your thread I went down to Glenda yesterday for DH tuition.I thought the first thing I would have to do was buy a rod but in fairness she opened up a few lines balanced everything up and made a big difference to me in 2 hours.Outside of her easy to understand lesson Practical and theory she is a really nice person and also had a few laughs,A Great lesson which went overtime and then she put on the Kelly kettle and talked more.I came away delighted with it without having to fork out for a rod.
    Corky

Default Lessons

Corky

I do not know her personally but I have heard great reports about this lady and your account matches up with them. The one thing I must say is that casting lessons from these highly qualified instructors are worth the money you spend for sure. Also, I did get to try the saltwater outfit for an hours casting before I bought it.

t

Default Rod

Nice rod mate shame about the cork, my mate was in the hardy shop and couldnt believe the quality of the cork on some of their rods it was really terrible for a company as famous as hardy

Hi Titanium

What size were the bass and what line is that you're using?

I'd love to have a crack at bass on the fly but as with all my fishing, I've to travel over 100 miles to do it, so heading out for an hour or two after dinner isn't really an option. Or am I totally wrong and there's actually bass fishing to be had close to Dublin?

How much of each tide do you fish and do you fish the flooding or ebbing tide?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast