Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  157
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Default Posting pictures directly into the forum.

OK guys, its taken us a while to get this started but you can now upload a picture directly onto the SFF server and display it in your post without the need to use the third party hosts such as Photobucket, Imageshack etc.

The software we have installed will automatically resize your picture to the correct 800x600 format for the forum. A typical 4MB image will take around 1 minute to upload, if you have resized the images yourself it will be much faster but either way it brings the forum nearer to the likes of Facebook for ease of picture sharing.

We will continue to look at developing this option to hopefully encourage members to post more pictures and to make it easier for those who already do. Because this is a first launch there may be issues, I have had some members test it prior to launch but if you have any questions or find any problems please use this thread to bring them to our attention.

Here is a video to show you how to do it.

Posting Pictures Demo

Without having tested it yet ...

You say 800x600 - so obviously smaller will be accepted.

What if I want to post a 600x800 image? Will the 800 dimension be checked against the 600 standard and deemed too large forcing me to resize down to 450x600 with loss of definition? This problem occurs on some other forums but not all.

Quote Originally Posted by Pollowick View Post

What if I want to post a 600x800 image? Will the 800 dimension be checked against the 600 standard and deemed too large forcing me to resize down to 450x600 with loss of definition? This problem occurs on some other forums but not all.
    Sorry I don't know the answers, try it and see is the best I can say at this stage

When will the paperclip thingy appear in the toolbar so I can try it?

Quote Originally Posted by Salad Dodger View Post
    When will the paperclip thingy appear in the toolbar so I can try it?
    If you do not see the paperclip then your settings may need updated.
    Click Settings up top beside your name, then click General Settings down the left and under Miscellaneous options ensure Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing is enabled.

Just testing it works - guess where? Name the Lough?
    crah-lough-sept-2013-5-jpg
    Last edited by Reiver Flash; 12-01-2015 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pollowick View Post

Here is an example 600 * 800. It will resize the 800 to maximum 600 and adjust the 600 in proportion.

bear-jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Tech Support View Post
    If you do not see the paperclip then your settings may need updated.
    Click Settings up top beside your name, then click General Settings down the left and under Miscellaneous options ensure Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing is enabled.

Hi Tech Support,

Still no paperclip in the toolbar.

Quote Originally Posted by Salad Dodger View Post
    Hi Tech Support,

Still no paperclip in the toolbar.
    I used it here to put up my pic?

Works a treat Springer, just posted my first video. took all of 30 secs.

Great job.

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast