Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  30
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Default What have you pulled out of the water thts been quite weird ?

I was looking through some old pictures and I came across this one, me and my friend Grant were down the Clyde doing some fishing, it was a long and boring day so he came up with the idea to put a spinner on to give him something to do, after about 10 casts he shouted ive got something but the tip of the rod was just bent it wasnt bouncing, it took him half an hour to get it in, thoughts were goin through our head like ... do u think its a body ? ( since it was the Clyde lmao) finally he got it in and it turned out to be an umbrella lol.

Grant and his catch !

Kp brolly infested with leaches and all sorts lol.

Anyone else pulled something out that is really weird ?
    Ryan.

an octopus

scotty

Certainly plenty of things to find in the clyde. I entertain myself during the close season by collecting lures from the river bed(mostly yours Ryan) and manage to come across quite a few if the waters low enough. Though i dislike spinning so i normally give them away . One man i know showed me his collection from a days work and he had a double sided box full of flying c's (about 100) and rapala's (about 40 or 50), not bad for a days work .

Ryan
    Quarry boy Hidden Content

Smile

Was once fishing through the Snaggy on CG and was into a fish straight away, the fish of a lifetime. I could not get the fish's head up it was just a dull pull now and again(posssible big one). I thought this is a monster after about 15 mins of tooing and froing , I had called the ghillie on the mobile down from a pool 1/2 a mile upstream and just before he appeared my fly appeared on the surface attached to a length of nyl0n.
    And about 50yds downstream was this 3lb grilse which was attached to somebodys worming gear.
    The top end of the nylon was wedged in between boulders and the hook was in the fish and I caught the nylon in the middle.
    I WAS TOTALLY GUTTED.

Regards Jake

ryan, How about an old boot, part of a joiners saw which swim all over the place and make you think that you hooked a big one, and brolly's they dont half give you a fright especially when they are open in the heavy current and pulling back like mad, but my weirdest one was a car seat cover the type that is made out of wooden beads, and it was totally waterlogged and damn heavy and i put it back because of all the fly life that was on it, so you might get hooked on it yourself at the Chapel Hole?

I will be sure to look out for that one next season
    Did it fight well ? Was the fly life sea lice ? What fly did it take ?

Ryan

Tesco Trolley from the Tay. Water was coloured lucky it was the fly and not me that made contact or I might have been swimming!
    Last edited by Flytier; 31-12-2007 at 02:49 PM.

My father called me over to examine something he landed on a worm in the River Clwyd. When we washed it off it soon became clear that it was a rubber male sex aid in the shape of a fa**y (womans private bits). I do not know what was funnier, the fact that he caught it or the distance which he threw it when he realised what it was.
    Last edited by clwydman; 31-12-2007 at 06:23 PM.

I was fishing Tillmouth in march a couple of years ago and managed to catch the river bed in lower wellington.. I reeled in and the bottom slowly moved and came toward me.. It turned out to be a very large pink dildo!! obviously washed down in a winter spate. I sat it on the bench at the hut much to the amusement of my friends.. Although it didnt stay there long.. I think one of the boatmans dogs got hold of it!

Quote Originally Posted by clwydman View Post
    My father called me over to examine something he landed on a worm in the River Clwyd. When we washed it off it soon became clear that it was a rubber male sex aid in the shape of a fa**y (womans private bits). I do not know what was funnier, the fact that he caught it or the distance which he threw it when he realised what it was.
    I've had many of them and in the female variety, in fact, i have a pattern which is very good for them, particularly female pads(better watch what i'm saying) .

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast