Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Default Best action camera for fishing advice

Hi everyone,

I am looking for an action camera for fishing. I like the idea of catching that moment of the take. Anyway, i am hoping to get something fairly good quality. I have had a cheap "knock off" go pro but it just didnt film particularly well. So what camera would you recommend? I was looking at the hero session but what put me off that is that it seems you can't remove and replace the battery. So when the charge is exhausted you cant just switch battery.

Any advice would be great it feels like a bit of a minefield at the moment.

Thank you,

Jamie

Evening Finglas,

I had my action cam out for its first outing this evening. Its a Rollei 525, not a top of the range Gopro but not a completely cheapo alternative either. I was fishing from a kayak and bought this model as it comes with a remote control so thought it'd be handy for setting the camera up on a boom and taking selfies with fish etc.

When using the remote, it lets you know that its taken the photo/started to record video by emitting an audible beep. This is fine indoors but out on the river you wont hear it.

Battery life isn't great either and it seemed to shut itself off at random intervals throughout the session.

By all accounts the GoPro Hero 6 Black is hard to beat but just sharing my first impression of this particular device.

Best of luck.

Sean.

Thanks sean that is great advice. Sounds like a good camera but hope it doesnt shut itself off when you are playing that fish of a lifetime haha!

I will investigate the go pro hero black. Much as i like the gopro i don't really want to pay through the nose for one but we shall see. Perhaps i might find one second hand.

Thanks again

Jamie