Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Default Go Pro 5 - Editing Software

Having recently purchased a Go Pro 5, I am now happy with the basics of this user friendly piece of kit, however can any of you "techies" recommend which editing software they have found to be best when using via a Windows laptop?

Appreciate Go Pro have editing software on their web page and just wondered if this is the best way to go, or is there a better alternative?

Appreciate your thoughts and thanks in advance.

Regards

Be careful what you download. My computer got hit by a nasty virus after downloading video editing software for my GoPro. It is now fooked and in need of some life saving surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by PerryPoker View Post
    Be careful what you download. My computer got hit by a nasty virus after downloading video editing software for my GoPro. It is now fooked and in need of some life saving surgery.
    Sorry to hear that PP and will take into account your unfortunate and no doubt costly experience before deciding on which software to use!

gopro have recently released a new editing software called quik. Its fairly straight forward to use and lets you create videos up to a minute long but you cant really create anything too fancy with it.

Your best using the gopro studio software if your looking to create something a bit more advanced as it will give you a lot more freedom to edit clips. There are plenty of youtube tutorials on how to use this software but its really user friendly and free.

I cant suggest any paid applications I'm afraid as I'm a mac user but the gopro software isn't bad to start with and will probably have everything you would want to do in it.

I use Adobe Premiere Elements. Very easy to use and will go a bit further than GoPro's editing software. I do use GoPro's editing software for underwater colour correction, as you lose red light under water.

If you want to do some higher end stuff, then switch your GoPro to 'pro shot' which lets edit the colours, but at first it will look pretty flat. To edit the colour, you can use devinci resolve. It is free to download.

I am no expert and just do it for fun, but here are a couple of GoPro compilations have put together in the last couple of years, using premiere elements.

Very useful thanks