Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I can recommend this magazine if you are interested in landscape photography. Totally free of charge but only available on digitally on iOS as far as I am aware:

Light & Landscape Photography Magazine

The content is contributed by both established photographers and mag readers, so it is quite an insightful mix. Really inspirational, and as I say, free!
    Last edited by Rolpex; 02-05-2017 at 12:42 PM.

I been reading online etc, I think a bridge camera is what would suit me best as I'm sure I will be no more than a casual photographer, any suggestions more than welcome.
    Thanks Ian

Quote Originally Posted by glenelg100 View Post
    I been reading online etc, I think a bridge camera is what would suit me best as I'm sure I will be no more than a casual photographer, any suggestions more than welcome.
    Thanks Ian
    I have a Nikon coolpix L840 and I have been really pleased with it. Easy to use and easy to upload pictures. You can also mess around with settings if you want but mostly I use it on auto.
    I think this has been discontinued but I think the B500 is similar. There seems to be the option to use Bluetooth or WiFi to upload photos to devices.

Here's a couple of photos that I am quite please with -
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Chicharito; 07-05-2017 at 07:34 PM.

Default Bridge Cameras

It used to be with SLR cameras which were all manual that you had to know your stuff (settings wise) in order to capture a great photo. With the advancement of Digital SLRs (DSLR) there is now more scope for the inbuilt processors to optimise the photos you take while still being in control of all the settings.

If you want to jump straight in with decent camera for point-and-shoot purposes, I would go for a 'bridge camera'. These are increasingly becoming more popular due to the auto-advance settings that helps the beginner. These are between a DSLR and a compact digital camera. These are really user friendly and I currently use a sony dsc hx300 20.4 MP and it produces excellent photos by point-and-shoot methods.

Hope this gives you something to think about!

DSC08161_00.jpgDSC07902_00.jpg
    Last edited by salmoflyfishing; 14-06-2017 at 01:02 PM.

Very useful - thanks

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123