Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  15
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New seatrout box

Well after doing ****** all tying this while I've finally started putting together a new seatrout box... First off the vice is a few black muddlers
    image-jpg
    Any suggestions what other patterns I should add?
    Cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images image-jpg 

Dyfi Black and Orange, from size 12 double all the way up to 2 inch tubes...well its a fly I quite like.
    Tight Lines
    Aled
    Rhywle lawr yr afon/Somewhere down the river........

Usual suspects, teal, blue&silver, medicine, bibio...
    Nice muddler btw

peter ross brown turkey

Dark mackerel in sizes 10's and 12's as a dropper ditto the Peter Ross always did well on the Lune with them . Viva's secret weapon on the point great combo's

Reet nice Muddlers there Pete,why not stay in the same colour combo. and progress to Silver Stoats Tails on various hooks/tubes etc..Pretty universal pattern for Sea Trout.
    Pedro.

Few more to add to the boximage-jpg

Soldier Palmer, Black Pennel, Donegal Blue, Delphi Silver, Conemara Black, Silver Spider, Bloody Butcher, Golden Butcher, Alexendra, Silver Doctor, Watsons Facny , Silver Rat , Cinamon & Gold etc.
    Fly Fishing & Rugby a Marriage made in Heaven.

There are obvious regional preferences when it comes to sea trout flies. On south west Wales rivers, while it may be advantageous to have some small traditionals to fish at dusk or dawn, almost all proper night fishing on say the Towy is almost exclusively tube flies. One inch to two inch aluminium tubes when armed, the 2 inch tube is actually a 3 inch fly.

Undressed body, with black hair, perhaps mixed with yellow or red is as sophisticated as it needs to get. Some dressed on waddinghton shanks for when the river is carrying extra water, and some surface lures such as jambos, and you have an excellent box of tricks for the Towy.

That said, there are some good looking flies on this thread. A little muddled is a good top dropper fly. I also use to catch a fair few fish on medicine. Keep the flies coming

Some very good suggestions already.
    I personally would add Dunkeld as a double in 10/12 for inclusion as an all rounder.
    New for me this year will be the flies shown in a recent article in FF&F, which includ Black and Blue/Dovey Black and Orange/Medicine cross/Andy's Autumn single and Chartreuse Special.
    These are added to my existing Daioni/Silver and Black/Stoats Tail.
    At the moment, my flies are either single or doubles but will venture into the Tube fly world for Sea Trout this year.
    Brian

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast