Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2

Default Discontinued partridge hooks

Any body bought any hooks from J M Jeffries, otherwise known as troutandsalmonhooks.com? They seem to have a lot of discontinued partridge hooks such as X1BL outpoint trebles and salar doubles for dressing on. Any reviews would be much appreciated. Thanks

I got a big stash of partridge big mouth double hooks last year from ebay but not sure if it was from them or not.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sewinboy View Post
    Any body bought any hooks from J M Jeffries, otherwise known as troutandsalmonhooks.com? They seem to have a lot of discontinued partridge hooks such as X1BL outpoint trebles and salar doubles for dressing on. Any reviews would be much appreciated. Thanks
    Bought some Salars, Code Ps and X2B (I think) from him at the Fly Fishing Fair a couple of years ago. I think he has both old b stock and old unsold A stock.

A couple of the Salars were a bit different but the Code Ps and Trebles were pretty much perfect. Given the general (lack of) quality control at Partridge these days there probably isnt much difference between old b stock and the new ones anyway.

Give him a call, seemed a nice guy.

Would they have the burnished R1A Double or anybody knows where to get it ?
    I used them a lot and tried to get them, but they seem to be out of production for long time.
    Thank you very much!
    - Lets be intolerant to intolerance - to protect tolerance -
    "paradox of tolerance"
    (British-Austrian philosopher Sir K. R. Popper, The Open Society and Its Enemies)