Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  33
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Oyster Catcher scandi

One inspired by the Oyster Catcher colours
    Attached Images Attached Images img_20200120_192836-jpg 
    The early bird gets first run down the pool.

lovely, I really like the oyster Catcher and have caught a few Salmon on it, looks great in the water. Thant is stunning tying

Quote Originally Posted by bankwheel View Post
    lovely, I really like the oyster Catcher and have caught a few Salmon on it, looks great in the water. Thant is stunning tying
    Cheers Glynn appreciate it 👍

I'll be copying this but doubt I can make it look so good. Would you say it has a bit of a Willie Gunn buzz about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
    I'll be copying this but doubt I can make it look so good. Would you say it has a bit of a Willie Gunn buzz about it?
    Thanks Ard,it has three primary colours similar to the Willie Gunn, only this one is orange, black and white,it's a fly I haven't fished before but I've heard it does work.

Looks good to me

I'd happily give that a swim, white is such an underused colour in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by riffled hitch View Post
    I'd happily give that a swim, white is such an underused colour in my opinion.
    Thanks,it works well on the Currys red shrimp and several other Irish shrimp flies

Quote Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
    The original Oystercatcher has almost no resemblance to a WG. It is, like the bird from which it takes its name, primarily black and white, with a couple of flashes of orange, and also has a completely different profile. And the colours in the Oystercatcher are much more in blocks, I think with the deliberate intention of creating contrast (it was designed for use mainly in coloured water), whereas one of the essences of a WG is that the black, orange and yellow are blended together in a more impressionistic way.

To be honest, this version is so far from the original Oystercatcher that I would question whether it's even useful to use the same name (not to say it won't catch fish though).

Quote Originally Posted by charlieH View Post
    The original Oystercatcher has almost no resemblance to a WG. It is, like the bird from which it takes its name, primarily black and white, with a couple of flashes of orange, and also has a completely different profile. And the colours in the Oystercatcher are much more in blocks, I think with the deliberate intention of creating contrast (it was designed for use mainly in coloured water), whereas one of the essences of a WG is that the black, orange and yellow are blended together in a more impressionistic way.

To be honest, this version is so far from the original Oystercatcher that I would question whether it's even useful to use the same name (not to say it won't catch fish though).
    Read the comment Charlie, inspired by the Oyster catcher colours, black,white and orange

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast